𝑜𝑛𝑒

Narrator's pov
(the story takes place in 2014)

Jordan, Kianna's toxic boyfriend, slams the door after beating up Kianna for not finishing his laundry before he got home.

Kianna is a 17 year old black girl. She lives with her boyfriend because her parents won't allow her in the house after dating Jordan. Her relationship with him isn't good whatsoever.

Jordan changed ever since they started dating. He forced Kianna into so many things she didn't want to do, and has anger issues.

Kianna changed herself for Jordan. She constantly tries to make him happy, and it never works. She still gets beat and abused mentally and physically. Jordan is also the reason for Kianna's depression and anxiety.

Kianna wiped her tears and struggled to get up. After she managed to, she stumbled to the bathroom and supported herself by grabbing onto the sink. She looked at herself in the mirror to see her busted lip and her swollen eye.

She opened the cabinet below the sink and grabbed the blade hidden behind the bandaid box and sat on the floor, immediately cutting everywhere Jordan kissed her the night before.

Her wrists, her thighs, and her forearms. She cut and cut until she couldn't feel anymore. Afterwards when she got up and put on a black hoodie, she told herself that it was the only way to suppress her feelings and pain.

She flipped her hood over her box braids and got on her phone. The reason why she hasn't called 9-1-1 was because he threatened to kill her if she did. And she had nowhere to go afterwards.

She looked through instagram to see what she can do. She scrolled through until she spotted a post talking about an artist that lived near her.

She looked at the boy tagged, and looked through his profile. He was her age, and Kianna thought he was pretty attractive. She went to his soundcloud and listened to one of his songs called 'news/flock' and instantly fell in love with his music.

Kianna took time to listen to more of his songs. She thought that this boy, named xxxtentacion, had a unique sound.

She figured out a lot of things. His real name was Jahseh, and he preformed with his best friend that goes by Ski Mask the Slump God. After a couple more minutes of listening to him, she put her phone on the charger and layed in bed.

She planned to sneak out the next night and find somewhere to live, anywhere. She was tired of living this way.

***

The next morning, Kianna's sleep got interrupted by loud moans coming from the living room. She sighed, thinking about how that was the third time this week that he cheated on her.

But she still smiled at the thought that she might be free tonight. No more abuse, no more Jordan, nothing. She decided to get up and at least go cook breakfast after Jordan was done with that girl.

Kianna got up and went to the bathroom, and looked at herself in the mirror. She remembered what happened last night once she looked at her eye and lip. She grabbed her glasses resting on the sink, and carefully put them on.

She brushed her teeth and did all her necessary hygiene, then went back in the room to the closet.

She picked out a grey hoodie with leggings and got some socks, and set them on the bed. When taking off her clothes and looking down at her body, she noticed the bruises on her stomach and the cuts on her arms.

Why don't i feel the pain? She wondered to herself. Was she used to it? Well, 3 years of continuous abuse is a lot, she must be able to undergo all the pain.

She slipped the hoodie on over her sports bra, and put on her leggings and socks. After she heard the front door close, she went downstairs to see Jordan on the couch.

She went straight to the kitchen and took out the bacon and pancake mix. She put it on the counter and before she could get the pans, Jordan gripped her arm and turned her around forcefully.

"You're not gonna say 'hi' or anything?" He asked. "Hi, how are you?" Kianna said, in her nicest voice possible.

"I'm doing good." He mumbled, letting go of Kianna's arm. She rubbed her arm, which hurt a bit from how hard he grabbed her. Great way to start the day.

She placed the pan on the stove and turned it on, and started cooking breakfast.

couple hour skip ...

It was now nighttime, the perfect time for Kianna to leave. She packed a backpack with her macbook, chargers to her phone and macbook, some snacks and water, spare clothes and accessories, and hygiene/ skin care and stuff.

The plan was to go once Jordan was taking a shower, which he was doing right then. He took very long showers, so this was perfect.

Kianna put on her air forces, grabbed her backpack and took her last look at the room. To be honest, she wouldn't miss it at all.

She walked out the room, downstairs, and out the door, and ran down the street, letting the air hit her brown skin. She was finally free.

———
short but we'll see where this goes

don't forget to comment and vote