𝑡𝑤𝑜

Kianna sat on the curb by a stop sign. She was pretty far from home by now, so if Jordan was looking for her he definitely wouldn't be down here.

She took out her phone and saw multiple texts from Jordan, saying how when he finds her he'll do bad things to her.

Kianna was a little scared but ignored them, and told herself she had nothing to worry about. She got up and started walking to the nearby store. She knew one of the workers there.

His name was Devin. He's a brownskin boy with curly hair. Kianna's mom tried to get them to date each other before Jordan came into her life, but they weren't interested in each other.

Devin was a year older than her, and had a girlfriend named Melani. Melani and Kianna were cool with each other. Both of them knew about Kianna's situation, but since she told them she didn't need help, they didn't say anything about it to anyone.

She walked into the store and looked around for him. She looked in isles until she spotted him in the chip isle. "Yo Dev!" She called, him looking over to her and smiling. "Kiannaaa!"

They engulfed each other in a hug, rocking side to side. "I lowkey missed you bro." Kianna said quietly. Devin smiled as they pulled away. "How's things going? You know, with your situation?" He asked.

"Well, i ran away from the house and he's probably looking for me right about now." Kianna responded, playing with her fingers. Devin stayed silent and thought about something.

"You can stay at my place. My girl's there with friends, but i don't think she'll mind if you stayed." He offered. She accepted, and Devin smiled once again, glad that he could help out.

They walked to the register. "Yo Cole," he called to another boy, who turned around to look at him. "I'll be right back bro." Cole nodded, and Kianna and Devin walked outside to Devin's car.

The drive home was pretty quiet, the only noise being the low music playing. A couple minutes before they arrived, Devin cleared his throat to get Kianna's attention.

"Melani's friends are guys. There's one named Stokeley and the other Jahseh." He said. Kianna became more interested in what he was saying when he said "Jahseh". She instantly knew who he was talking about.

"I know Jahseh is your type, so don't go to heavy on the flirting." He said. Kianna giggled while he pulled up in the driveway, both of them stepping out when he parked.

They walked in the house, and all three of the people in the house looked up from their uno game at them. "Oh hey Kianna." Melani said, getting up to hug her.

They gave each other a hug, and Melani turned to face the two boys. "So that is Stokeley, his nickname is Ski," She pointed to Stokeley, and he waved. "And that is Jahseh, his nickname is X." Jahseh gave a quick nod and a peace sign.

"Boys this is Kianna." Kianna waved . "You guys get along." Melani finished. She went over to Devin and gave him a kiss and sat back down, patting the space beside her, indicating that she wanted Kianna to sit down.

Kianna went and sat down beside her, taking her backpack off and setting it on the ground softly. Melani picked up her cards and continued playing.

"Uno!" Stokeley yelled, making Jahseh open his mouth. "I swear i just made you draw cards!" He exclaimed. Stokeley and Melani laughed while Jahseh crosses his arms with a pout.

Kianna thought that was really cute, how he looked when he did that. She caught herself staring at him, and before he can notice she looked over at Devin who was making his way to the kitchen to cook something for everyone.