Chapter 8- Epic Comeback

Ten years later,

Damola had fully transformed. He had gone back to school and secured a Business Administration degree and masters. Now, a billionaire business mogul, CEO of the Del Loris Franchise. He had numerous cars, houses, maids, girls waiting for his beck and call, everything he ever wanted right at the tip of his fingernails.

On one fateful Monday morning, he decided it was time, to go and see his parents. It had been ten years since he last saw them. He called his driver and the two of them set out on the journey.

They arrived at his hometown a little after noon. The car came to a halt infront of Papa Damola's house. The roar of the engine alerting the occupants of the house of its arrival. Damola's mother came out hurriedly, looking scared.

"Please if Damola stole something from you then we are so terribly sorry. We don't want any trouble. I've not seen him in so long and I have a feeling that he is no more. Please have mercy on us," the woman said while raising her hands in a begging manner.

Damola had teary eyes at the sight of his mother.

"Was this who she had become?, was this who he turned her into?!"

He cautiously put his two hands on top of his mother's and whispered "Iya mí"

Mummy Dammy could not believe her ears.

"Dammy is that you?," she asked in a whisper.

"Yes mummy," he replied.

She pulled him into crushing hug. She never thought she would hear those words again but now here he was in the flesh proving all her haters wrong.

"My Damola is back," she shouted and started dancing before it clicked. It was as if something hit her like a ton of blocks.

She turned around mid dance and gave him a dirty slap no one saw coming.
"This is for stealing," another slap
"This is for even thinking of stealing," and the third slap ,
"This is for getting married without inviting us."

"Mummy I am not married and I surely deserved those. I am so happy to see you. Where is papa?"

"Your father has been ill for a while. Come in and see him."

He entered the house and it looked nothing like the home that he grew up in. He found his father laying down on the three sitter with a flimsy blanket covering him. He looked like a zombie. His skin had started showing patches of black, his hair had come off in some areas and his eyes were looking sunken, dull; he looked almost lifeless.

"What happened?!," he asked in a frenzy.

"It started about five years after you left.  He had come back from the city one Friday afternoon and he just slumped. He was asleep for a whole week Dammy. I really thought I had lost him but when he woke up, this patch of his head was ink black as if someone had burnt him. That was the last time he slept without pain or having a nightmare. He was constantly in pain after that and as you can see, whatever it is, it is slowly killing him. He used to walk before but now he cannot, he can't speak but I believe he can see and hear. We've looked for help everywhere Dammy but to no avail. No one knows the cause of this illness," Mummy Dammy narrated in between sobs.

"Mummy please don't cry, I am here now. I am so sorry for all the hurt I've caused you but I am here to make everything better.  I promise you that I will make all the people that caused you pain to suffer," he swore.