Chapter 6

You didn't work very much after returning home. You did your best, tho. But your mind always returned to the moment you slapped Bucciarati in front of everyone. Then, it hit you. You just slapped a mafia boss. Your heart was racing at this moment. Would he take revenge on you?! And that wasn't the worst part at all! The worst part was what he said. He said that he liked you. That wasn't possible. Why would he like you?

When you finish having dinner, you felt you phone vibrate. You received a message from Trish.

Trish: Hey.

You: Hey.

Trish: I know you probably don't want to hear this but Bucciarati did really meant what he said.

You: That isn't possible. Why would he like me? With so many women to choose from, why me?

Trish: Come on! Don't be like that. I don't know you very well but from what I've seen, I understand why he would like you. Won't you give him a second chance?

You: Why would I do that?

Trish: I shouldn't say this but the man is literally sulking on his room. Wait a second, I'll send a picture.

Trish: Picture sent.

You looked in shock. Your heart skipped a beat. Was he that much offended and sad? After all, he was laying on the bed, completely covered. The only thing that was uncovered was the top of his head.

You: I don't really know what to say...

Trish; Well, I know. I'll call you and you'll talk with him. Sounds fair? Please, Bucciarati isn't eating anything since lunch. I beg you. I have never seen him like this. Only when Abbacchio prohibited him of addopting more children.

You: But, isn't he mad at me?

Trish: No, he isn't. He'd be so happy hearing your voice.

You felt really bad and wanted to apologize.

You: Ok, call me.

When Trish called you, you quickly understood you were on speaker. On the other side of the line, you could hear Trish knocking on Bucciarati's door.

"Bucciarati, I have someone on the phone."

"I don't care! Leave me be! I ruined everything! I was so excited that I ruined everything!"

"Don't be stupid. It's (Y/N). And she's hearing everything you are saying."

"WHAT?!", you hear a door open and then you heard a man's voice, "(Y/N)?", the door closed, meanig that Bucciarati must've entering his room again.

"Yes, it's me."

"I'm so sorry about everything... I understand if you don't wanna see me again."

"What are you talking about? I'm here to apologize."

"What? Why?"

"Because I slapped you. I shouldn't have done that."

"No problem.", he signed, "It was my fault."

"No, it was not. It was me who exploded earlier. I was so stressed out because I had to finish my work to give it to the editot that I lost it. I'm so sorry. I will apologize in person tomorrow."

"Before you hang up, can I ask a question?"

"Sure."

"Have I... I mean... Have I a chance with you?"