Chapter 10

Bucciarati pulled away, giving you space to search for your phone. It was Adriano. You looked at Bucciarati while blushing like crazy because of what almost happened. You picked up.

"H-Hey.", you said.

"Hey! I just wanted to- Are you okay, (Y/N)?"

"Yes yes! I'm totally fine.", you said, nervously, "So, what do you wanted to say?"

"I just wanted to ask how was the meeting with the editor."

"Oh! He accepted. I'm going to go get the prints on monday.", you felt that the man by your side was becoming irritated.

"Oh, do you want me to go with you? You can't carry all those boxes on your own."

You felt Bucciarati flinch by your side. In a second, he grabbed your phone:

"No! She doesn't need your help!"

"Bruno!", you grabbed your phone back, hitting him on the shoulder, "Sorry, Adriano! Of course I'd appreciate your help. On lunch break, we'll go there."

"Someone doesn't want me with you, it seems.", he laughed.

"No, I don't!", he said loud enough for your best friend to hear.

"Look, Adri, I'll talk with you later. There's clearly someone here who can't accept that I have a guy friend."

"Ok", he laughed, "Good luck, (Y/N)!", and your friend hung up.

You turned to Bucciarati:

"What's your problem?", you smiled, "Why are you so jeaulous of Adriano?"

"I'm not jeaulous. It's just it was me who was supposed to go with you.",  he explained.

"But you have work to do. Besides, Adri is the one who knows everything about my books. He's been there since the beginning."

"But I- I want you to trust me as you trust him."

"We've know each other for a couple of days. He's my friend since kindergarden. I cannot compare the two of you. You and Adri are very different.", you explained.

The man started thinking about something and then shook his head. When Bucciarati locked eyes with you, you could see the determination in them.

"Look. I can't take this anymore. I liked you since the first day I saw at the restaurant. I understand if you don't want to be with me but if there is a small chanc-"

"Just shut up, okay?", you blushed, thinking about five minutes ago when you were almost kissing him. It was like you were out of your own mind. You said you only wanted to be friends with him, so why did you want to kiss him?, "How can I know that you are being serious? Honestly, how can I know? What do you see in me that's worth something?"

"Would you stop too, please?", he sighed, "Do you listen to yourself? All of you worth it. You are beautiful, smart, kind and funny. Besides, you have cool interests. I mean... I can't understand them very well but it doesn't matter. I'll talk hours with you about them just to see your cute smile show up. Why are you always minimizing yourself? You're perfect the way you are."

"But in the past-"

"I really don't care.", he interrupted you, "The only thing that I want to do to the guy that made you cut yourself from possible relantionships is beating him down. If only I've met you a little earlier..."

"After what happened, I simply couldn't trust anyone besides Adriano. It was around that time that my parents discovered the life I had hidden from them. You have no idea. It's like having a double life. By one side, I have the things that I could show to my parents and by the other side, I had my real interests that I wasn't suppost to have at that age. It's really hard when your parents want you to be a perfect person without any flaws whatsoever. I'm really tired of having two lifes."

"You need to stop hiding. You need to stop being so misterious. Not every person is the same. And that's okay. You can be yourself around me and around the gang. They like you. I like you. And gradually, you can open more to other people. I can help."

You were at the verge of tears. It was the first time that you talked about your feelings to someone. Even to Adriano. Sometimes, even him wasn't enough. Yet, here you were talking with a man you barely knew about your really feelings. And the fact that he was understanding them was the strangest part.

"I want to see you happy. And if you feel better without me in your life, I won't try to pursue yo-"

"Tuesday, 9 p.m.", you said, getting red by the second.

"W-What?"

"At tuesday be at my house by 9 p.m."

"O-Oh!", he seemed surprised, "I'll be there then.", his eyes lit up.

"If you want to get to know the real me, I'll show you everything."

"Finally!", he leaned back on the sofa, with a smile on his face, "I've been waiting for this moment all my entire life! It seems that we are since the beginning of this story talking about the real you."

"What do you mean?"

"You know, the readers that are at home reading this on Wattpad... They must be tired of all the drama. Finally, we will get to the good parts."

"Sometimes you make no sense, Bruno."