Dreams and Costumes

I find myself standing in an Ancient Greek temple with a fire blazing in a large bronze brazier at the center of the open-air building. I look to either side of me and see Will and Nico standing next to me, their faces bright from the fire's glow.

            "A shared dream? It must be really important if all three of us are here," Will ponders aloud. Nico looks towards one of the columns surrounding the small pavilion. "Looks like we're about to find out," He points to where he was looking. A man steps out of the shadows, his familiar face creased with concern and pity. 

          "Hello boys. I'm glad you're safe, but we're gonna have to make this quick. I don't have much time."

          "Can you tell us where we are?" I ask. He shakes his head. "All I can tell is that you've been pulled into an alternate world, and even though I was able to find you, I can't bring you back. Your going to have to find your own way back to our world."

         "But you're the god of travel, can't you just teleport us back?" Nico asks, frowning. Hermes shakes his head again. "It's taking almost all of my power to simply talk to you boys this way."

         "Hmph .." 

         "However, while I may be unable to bring you back, I can give you some provisions to help you on your journey." He pulls out a duffel bag from behind the brazier and places it in front of us. "One more word of advice before our time is up. Surround yourself with allies. You're going to need help to find your way back home." He smiles and the dream suddenly starts fading out. As the temple becomes more and more faded, I hear Hermes say good luck to us before everything vanishes, causing us to wake with a start. We all look at each other, then down at the duffel bag next to my feet, the large black bag bulging with whatever Hermes had put in it. Will slid off the bed and pulled the chair that I'd used as a foot rest out from under me and sat down, pulling the duffel bag closer to himself and opening it. 

          "Let's see what we've got here." He starts pulling out items, saying what they are as he does so. "Alright, we've got my satchel, Nico's sword, my bow, quiver, and quiver holster, a .. watch?"

          "That's mine," I say, holding out my hand. He gives it to me and I put it on. I press the button that opens the shield and take a look. All the dings it had after the Capture the Flag game were gone, making it look good as new. I had taken this off after the game so that Tyson could fix it while I was at the infirmary.  ... Thanks Hermes .

          "Oh it's your shield, okay moving on, there's 3 ziplock bags of ambrosia, one for each of us I presume, 2 bottles of nectar, 3 sets of spare clothes, 3 scrapbooks with our names on them, a bag of drachmas, some toiletries, 3 pairs of shoes, and 3 colored bundles I'm going to assume are also clothes. " He shakes one of them out, showing it to be a dark royal blue wetsuit with semi-dark teal stripes down the sides and the words Camp Half-Blood and a pegasi silhouette printed on the front in a bright sea green. the sleeves and legs were both short, probably designed to stop just before the elbows and knees.

          "It's got a trident on the back too," Will says, turning the wetsuit so we could see. The trident was the same sea green color as the camp logo on the front. "I'm guessing this is yours Percy." He hands me the garment.

           "Hey I think that piece of paper fell out when you unfolded it," Nico points at the floor. I pick it up and take a look. On one side of the paper, there was writing. "There's something written on it," I say, scanning the short message. 

           "Care to share?" Will inquires.

           "yeah, it just says 'soak thoroughly before each use and wear the black sandals'."

           "Huh, interesting."Will hands over the sandals and unfurls another one of the bundles, revealing it to have three pieces and another note. There was a pale gold doctor's coat that didn't have any buttons on the front and had a dark gold lyre symbol printed on the back, a pale blue tee with the same camp logo printed in dark golden yellow on the front, and a pair of navy blue shorts that looked like they went down to the knee. Will picks up the note that came with the bundle and reads it out. 

          "Your quiver has been enchanted to self-replenish when empty, your satchel has been enchanted to have whatever medical item you need when you ask for it-"

         "-Kinda like Leo's tool belt," I remark. 

         "Indeed, 'and you get the amber colored flip-flops.' Looks like this outfit's mine," He picks up the flops and places them on top of the outfit next to him. "This last one must be yours Nico," Will says, handing the bundle over. Nico unfolded it to reveal a pair of black jeans, a black leather jacket with a white silhouette of a three-headed dog on the back, a black leather sword holster, and a black tee with the same camp logo again printed in white on the front, except that the pegagi was a skeleton. He pulled out the last note and read it out.

          "For you a new sword holster and some hi-tops with skulls." He leaned over the bed and picked up the hi-tops, which sure enough, had skull designs on either side of the black and light gray shoes. "This is cool and all, but what are these for? If I didn't know any better I'd say they were costumes," He frowns and sets his new 'costume' on the bed beside him. Will starts putting things back in the duffel bag. "Well whatever they are, we need to come up with an excuse for how the duffel bag got here or else the detective and Mr. Aizawa are gonna get suspicious." He re-wraps his 'costume' and places it in the bag, grabbing mine next.

         "Yeah but what do we say? That it just magically appeared?"

         "We could say someone visited us and gave it to us. It wouldn't be totally off the mark," Nico suggests.

         "Yeah but they'll probably ask who it was," I say as Will takes Nico's new outfit, folds it up, and puts it in the bag.

         "Well then why don't we say that we heard a knock on the door and when we went to see who was there all we found was the bag." 

         "What if they ask the hospital staff about it?"

         "We'll just say that it happened really late at night."

         "Hmm, I guess that could work. You down with that Will?"I ask, looking at him just as he pulls the main compartment zipper shut. 

         "Sure," he says as he pushes the bag under the bed. "I'm cool with that."

         Chk , "hello boys, I hope you had a good night's rest. We're gonna get you discharged and then take you to the house of your temporary guardian."