Mock Battles Part 2

"I'm a bit worried about Izuku." Will mutters to me and Nico. Nico looks at him ,perplexed and a bit jealous. I know where he's going with this. "You're talking about his powers right?"

"Yeah. From what we saw yesterday, his power is very potent and appears to have only recently manifested. If he's not careful, he could seriously injure himself in this mock battle."

"Geez, I mean, we've seen dem- kids who've passed out from being unable to control their newly awakened powers, but that was the first time I saw a power break the holder's bones."

"Whatever his power is, it's certainly strong enough to be on par with the power of a Big Three kid."

Bakugo suddenly ambushes Izuku and Ochako, destroying part of Izuku's hood and mask with one of his explosions. Izuku and Bakugo begin to fight while Ochako heads for the room where the bomb is located. As I'm watching Bakugo and Izuku fight, I notice that they appear to be having a conversation and Bakugo was getting more and more pissed off. I glance up at where Ochako is on the monitors and see that she'd made it to the bomb room and was hiding behind a support pillar. A flash of light draws my attention back to the fight between Izuku and Bakugo, where Bakugo had apparently fired off one of his grenade gauntlets and Izuku, striking where he'd been a few seconds before and destroying a large portion of the floor and walls. I wonder what his problem with Izuku is. He's totally lost his temper, but over what?

Izuku yells something into his mic and I see Ochako grab onto a support pillarnear on of the walls. Izuku and Bakugo charge at each ohter, but at the last second, Izuku sends his attack into the ceiling and blocks Bakugo's attack with his free arm, taking the full brunt of Bakugo's explosion and destroying several floors worth of floor above his head. Ochako uses the debris as ammunition and launches them at Tenya, distracting him long enough to grab ahold of the bomb, ending the battle. A decent strategy, but the collateral damage was pretty bad.

Izuku and Ochako get taken to the infirmary and the next battle commences between Team I as the heroes and Team D as the villains. Shoto and the tentacle guy Shoji made short work of the villain team, locating and freezing them in place long enough to tie them up with the capture tape without any damage to the building whatsoever. Not bad. Tokoyami and Nico made short work of their villain team as well. Nico shadow-traveled the two of them behind the opposing team and knocked them out. The two appeared to be getting along pretty well and were still conversing when they came back to the viewing room.

"It's nice to see him finally making some new friends," I put my hand on Will's shoulder, smiling as Nico pets Tokoyami's shadow creature. Will smiles too.

"Indeed it is."

"THE NEXT GROUP IS.. TEAM B AS THE HEROES AND TEAM J AS THE VILLAINS. BOTH TEAMS HEAD TO YOUR STATIONS," All Might declares.

"See you later," Will says, leaving to join his group, giving Nico a peck on the cheek as he goes. I chuckle as Nico turns pink.

"Later man," I call out over my chuckling. Tokoyami asks Nico a question, causing him to turn a darker shade of pink. Shaking my head, I walk over to where Yaoyorozu is standing, watching Will and his team engage in combat with the villain team.

"Hi, you're Yaoyorozu right? I'm Percy." I hold out my hand. She smiles and takes it, giving a good, firm shake.

"Nice to meet you. You can just call me Momo."

"Momo, got it. I was wondering if you had any ideas for our strategy against Team E?"

"I do have a few ideas, but until we find out whether we're the hero or villain team, I think we should hold off on making any solid plans."

"Fair enough, but what about their weaknesses? That's something we should probably know going in, don't you think?"

"Good point. Based on what I saw of her tests yesterday, I believe that Jiro may have sensitive hearing. As for Kaminari, we'll need to be careful of his electric charges, but if we can get him to go over his limit, he shouldn't be a problem anymore."

"Sounds good. By the way, where's our other teammate?"

"Over there with Asui from the looks of it." She points to where the tiny dude was trying to flirt with the frog girl and making her annoyed. Seriously man? not cool.

"Sigh, great." I turn towards the monitors in time to see Will do his classic, ear-piercing, taxi-cab whistle, causing the villain team to clutch their ears and quickly pass out. It's a good thing we can't hear what's going on out there, but what about his teammates? I look and see that their ears were stuffed with cotton balls, probably produced from Will's satchel. They quickly find the invisible girl and tie her and her teammate up with the capture tape, ending the battle."What was that your friend just did?" Momo asks me, intrigued. I chuckle.

"That's his taxi-cab whistle. He's perfected it so that he can temporarily stun or knock out an opponent. Since his.. quirk is designed only for healing, he's developed skills like his whistle to help him out in a fight."

"Interesting."

"ALRIGHT! FOR THE LAST TWO TEAMS, TEAM E SHALL BE THE HEROES AND TEAM H WILL BE THE VILLAINS."

Me, Momo, and Mineta enter our designated building and take a look at what we have to work with. Momo creates some large metal plates, bolts, and three screwdrivers to cover all but one entry point into the room. Once we finish, We have Mineta place a bunch of his sticky spheres all over the floor in front of the one open door and move some wooden boxes into an enclosure formation, separating us from our 'minefield'. With only a few seconds left, I pull some water from a nearby pipe and flood our minefield with a thin layer of water, finishing just as the signal for the hero team to start goes off. As we wait for them to come, I split my focus between listening for them and keeping the water flooding our minefield from flowing out the open door. It doesn't take them very long to find the room, their low whispers catching my attention.

"Look at that, they left one open," a boy's voice floats into the room, his tone cocky.

"It's probably a trap Kaminari," a girl's exasperated voice follows, sounding a bit closer. They enter the room, immediately becoming stuck in our sticky minefield. Not noticing the layer of water, Kaminari releases a wave of electricity, electrocuting himself and his partner. We quickly duck behind the boxes to avoid the stray charges. They slump to the floor, unconscious, and we make quick work tying them up. The End Alarm blares and we exit the building, me and Momo conversing animately. 

------

Sorry that these last two chapters were kinda late. I encountered a bit of writer's block while writing them. Hopefully I'll be able to get back to writing every other day. Enjoy Percy's P.O.V. on the BNHA mock battles!