Mock Battles Part 1

The next day of school started out pretty normal. We went through some core classes like English and Math. Izuku was really helpful with talking me, Will, and Nico through what was written up on the board and in our textbooks since you know, dyslexia . Even with his help though, we all got major headaches and were more than happy when it was finally lunchtime.

          "Ugh, I hate English." Nico rubs his eyes as we all sit down at a table. "I feel like my head is gonna split open."

           "Maybe we should ask for some textbooks written in Greek," Will suggests, stuffing a sushi roll in his mouth. 

           "You think they have those?" I ask, my eyebrow raised. Izuku looks at us, confused.

            "Why would textbooks written in Greek help?"

             The three of us look at each other, unsure how to explain.

             "Well, Greek is easier for us to read than English. You could say that it's almost like our natural language and English is like a foreign language. It's kinda hard to explain," Will answers slowly. 

             "Are you guys from Greece?"

             "No, but each of us have a parent who is from Greece," I reply awkwardly. If Annabeth were here she'd know how to explain this .. .

             "Ohh, that makes sense. We can ask Aizawa-sensei about the textbooks after our afternoon classes."

            "Hey guys! Hi Izuku! Can we sit here?" Gravity Girl says as she and Glasses Dude come up to our table. I think Present Mic said their names were Tenya Iida and Ochako Uraraka.

             "You're Tenya and Ochako, right?" I smile at them, remembering what Hermes said about surrounding ourselves with allies. "I'm Percy. Nice to meet you."

             "Nice to meet you too," Tenya bows, almost spilling his food. "And you two are Will and Nico, correct?" He looks at them. Will nods. "Yeah, that's us. Come on Nico, scoot over so these guys can sit."

             "Hmph." He moves, if somewhat reluctantly. We talked our way through the rest of lunch, cracking jokes every now and then. After we finish, we head back to to the classroom, curious about the afternoon 'hero classes'.  Just as I'm sitting down at my desk, that pro hero guy All Might comes barging into the room, yelling "I HAVE..! ... ENTERED THE ROOM NORMALLY!" Excited whispers start floating around the room, but I ignore them, preferring to get a closer look at the man said to be the 'Number 1 Hero'. The guy was huge, easily over seven feet tall with ripped muscles. His blonde hair was slicked back, except for two sections I thought might have been his bangs that stood straight up in to the air.  What is it with these people and gravity-defying hair? 

            "HERO BASIC TRAINING! HERE YOU WILL BE PUT THROUGH SPECIAL TRAINING TO MOLD YOU INTO FINE HEROES! TODAY YOU SHALL BE PARTICIPATING IN MOCK BATTLE TRAINING, BUT FIRST,.." a section of wall sides out, revealing what appears to be a bunch of small compartments. "YOU'LL WANT THESE TO GET INTO CHARACT-"

           "COSTUMES!!" Everyone but me, Will, and Nico charges over to the compartments and grabs their designated package, each containing a costume apparently. 

           "I guess it's a good thing Fuyumi encouraged us to bring these." I pull out the 'costumes' we'd gotten from Hermes out of my new backpack and hand Will and Nico's to them, balancing their shoes on top of their bundled up costumes.    

           "No kidding," Will chuckles.

           "Everyone go change and head to Ground Beta," Aizawa calls out over all the chattering. We all make our way to the locker rooms, splitting up by gender and heading inside. Nico, me  Will, and Izuku head to a spot near the showers and start changing. I soak my costume under one of the shower heads and begin to strip. I could tell Will, Nico, and I were getting stares due to the many scars marring our bodies.

           "Wow.. Where'd you guys get all those scars?" Izuku asks, his eyes wide in awe. I smile uneasily. "Let's just say that before we came here, our lives weren't exactly easy."

           "Ohh, s-sorry. I didn't m-mean to pry." He stammers. I laugh. "It's okay, we don't mind." I shimmy into the wetsuit, feeling the suit begin to thrum with power, the soaked up water pulsing slightly. I pull on my sandals and situate my sword scabbard on my hip, shoving Riptide into the small pouch attached to the scabbard's leather strap. I look up at the others and see Izuku's costume for the first time. He was wearing a green jumpsuit with white accents, white gloves, black knee and elbow pads,  a red belt, large red shoes with thick white soles, and a face mask that was made of black mesh on the top half and and band of white rectangles that reminded me of teeth along the the bottom half. The jumpsuit also came with a hood that had two bunny ear-like protrusions sticking out of the top. Chuckle, looks like someone's a pretty big fan of All Might. Will and Nico had finished changing and were in the middle of another round of banter. Izuku smiles at their playful arguing. "Do they do this often?" 

           "A dozen times a day. It's certainly entertaining to watch eh?" He grins and I chuckle. Nico glares at me. I put my hands up in mock surrender, laughing. "Come on we'd better get going." I say as Nico attempts to punch my arm, his face red. Will gently pulls him away,struggling to keep his own laughter in. "That's probably a good idea."

           We head outside with everyone and gather in front of All Might and Aizawa. 

           "You are all going to be split up into teams for this exercise," Aizawa starts. "now since there is an uneven amount of you, some teams will have two people while others will have three people. Each team will be classified by letter. Now then, Team A is Midoriya and Uraraka, Team B is Aoyama and Ashido, Team C is Tokoyami and Di Angelo, Team D is Asui, Shoji, and Todoroki, Team E is Kaminari and Jiro, Team F is Bakugo and Iida, Team G is Sero and Krishima, Team H is Yaoyorozu, Jackson, and Mineta, Team I is Ojiro and Hagakure, and lastly, Team J is Sato, Koda, and Solace. All Might will explain the rest." He yawns looks towards the loud pro hero.

            "ALRIGHT! FOR TODAY'S ACTIVITY, TWO TEAMS WILL FACE OFF, ONE PRETENDING TO BE VILLAINS GUARDING A BOMB, THE OTHER PRETENDING TO BE THE HEROES SENT TO RETRIEVE THE BOMB. IF THE VILLAIN TEAM MANAGES TO PROTECT THE BOMB OR CAPTURE THE ENTIRE HERO TEAM BEFORE TIME'S UP THEY WILL WIN. ALTERNATELY, IF THE HERO TEAM SUCCEEDS IN CAPTURING THE BOMB OR THE ENTIRE VILLAIN TEAM, THEY SHALL WIN. I SHALL NOW DRAW A BALL FROM EACH OF THESE TWO BOXES.-" He pulls out a black box with a white V on it and a white box with a black H on it. "-EACH BALL IN BOTH BOXES HAVE BEEN PAINTED WITH THE LETTERS OF YOUR TEAMS. THE TEAMS THAT GET DRAWN WILL FACE OFF IN A MOCK BATTLE. NOW TO SEE WHO'S FIRST." He pulls out a ball from each box, getting the Team F ball from the hero box and the Team A ball from the villain box. "TEAM A SHALL BE THE VILLAINS AND TEAM F SHALL BE THE HEROES. AIZAWA SHALL PREP THE TWO TEAMS FOR THE BATTLE. EVERYONE ELSE FOLLOW ME TO THE VIEWING ROOM." He leads us to a large surveillance room with a dozen screens showing various areas of the inside of a building. We watch as Izuku and Ochako are given the go-ahead and make their way into the building.