Omens

I open my eyes to find myself standing in a completely pitch black void. I reach into my pocket for Riptide only to feel empty space where the ballpoint pen should have been resting. What the-. I suddenly feel a foreboding and somehow familiar chill running up my spine. I scan the inky darkness around me and despite being unable to see anything, I sense a presence off to one side.

         "Chuckling, Well well. So this is the godling that severed my tendrils. You certainly are powerful..

         I feel the chilling presence circle me, appraising me.

         "And you're the creep who brought me and my friends to this world," I answer, my voice laced with irritation and the usual snark. 

         "My my, how perceptive. You are indeed correct godling. I did bring you and your little friends to this world of quirks. You three shall be quite useful in my plans..

          I scoff. "Yeah, no thanks. I get pulled into enough schist as is and there's no way I'm letting you anywhere near my friends." 

          "Chuckling, I'm afraid little godling that whether you help my plans or not, You won't be able to stop what I have in store for this world and yours."  

          I put on my best unimpressed look, my arms crossed across my chest while the presence moves in slow, circles around me. "You know, this whole 'taking over the world' shtick , or worlds in your case, is getting really old. You power-hungry tyrants don't really have much in the way of originality."

          I suddenly feel the presence hovering right behind me, warm air puffing against my right ear. 

         "Who said anything about taking over the worlds? I simply wish eliminate a nuisance."

         "And what might that be?" I turn towards the presence's voice, only to see mere empty darkness.

         "Now now, it's no fun if I reveal everything at the beginning," the presence says, now somewhere in front of me. "I want to enjoy watching you and your little friends slowly unravel this worlds underlying mysteries. Now then, I should be going. Wouldn't want you to be late for school.."

          As the presence fades away, the floor disappears, turning into a familiar bottomless pit. I hear distant laughter as I enter free-fall... and wake up screaming, my blanket all twisted around my body and four pairs of eyes staring worriedly at me. I sit up, a light sheen of sweat covering my arms and face.

           "Are you okay Percy? We all heard screaming and found you writhing in your sleep. Did you have a nightmare or something?" Fuyumi asks as she dabs my forehead with a damp cloth, the cool water soothing my nerves and re-energizing me. I look at Will and Nico.

          "Something like that, yeah. Sorry for waking everybody." I take in the scene, seeing Shoto sitting next to Fuyumi on my left, Will and Nico sitting on my right, and Natsuo and Endeavor standing in the doorway connected to the hallway. Endeavor grumbles something and walks off, followed by Natsuo after a quick "glad you're okay" from the older Todoroki son. 

          "I'd tell you to try and get some more sleep, but you've got school in two hours, so better get dressed and I'll make some of those blue pancakes you like for breakfast. That sound okay?" Fuyumi says as she stands up. I give her a grateful smile.

          "Thanks, Fuyumi. Pancakes would be awesome."

           She nods and leaves the room, heading for the kitchen. Shoto keeps looking at me with concern.

           "I'm okay, just bad dreams." I reassure him, untangling myself from my blanket and standing up. The other three stand up with me. Shoto gives me a look of uncertainty, but nods and exits the room, finally leaving me and my fellow demigods alone. I quickly make sure no-one's around and close the doors on both entryways into the room, turning to the others as soon as the the last sliding door is completely shut.

           "We need to talk."

-------Time-skip_brought_by_Sally's_awesome_blue_pancakes-------

           The two boys sit in silence as they mull over my quick, in Ancient Greek, explanation of the dream I just had.

           "And you say you didn't see them?" Nico asks in Greek, his voice low. I shake my head.

           "I only felt their presence." 

           "Hmm, I'm curious about the nuisance they mentioned. " Will remarks, his brow furrowed in thought.

            "Yeah. The way they said the word was super creepy.  Kinda like a mixture of irritation and anticipation. whatever it is, his plans for it won't be good for either our world or this this one." I say as I pull my white uniform shirt over my head.  

            "We'll need to keep a closer eye on current events, if we want to find another clue to this person's plans,"Nico states, pulling on his school blazer and buttoning it up. Will nods. 

             You guys think we'll still be stuck here when the Sports Festival starts next month?" I straighten my tie, making sure it was a little loose to allow me to breathe more easily. Nico gives me an unimpressed look.

            "We're talking about possibly world-ending events here and you want to talk about an event designed to show off the student's quirks?"

            I look at him pointedly. "Yes, I do. I'm worried about how much of our power we should portray in the event, if we are still here when the event takes place. We still don't know the identity of the person who brought us here, and considering that the event is highly publicized with a huge turn out every year, from what I've heard, our 'kidnapper' could easily blend in with the spectators at the event. I'm just saying I think we ought to be careful."

            Nico looks at me, an eyebrow raised.

           "Wow, I think even Annabeth would've been impressed at how much thought you put into that. You aren't usually the planning ahead type."

           I roll my eyes and head for the door. "Come on, I don't want my pancakes to get cold."

           We make our way to the dining room, taking our places at the low table. Endeavor, Natsuo, and Shoto were already digging into bowls of soba with smaller bowls of rice sitting off to one side of their placemats. Fuyumi walks into the room with a steaming plate of blue pancakes and sets it in front of me.

            "Here, they're fresh off the griddle. You feeling better?"

            "Mmhm, thanks a lot Fuyumi." 

            She smiles and brings out bowls of soba and rice for herself, Nico and Will. 

           "I'm curious. Why blue pancakes?" Shoto asks, setting down his bowl. I give him a small smile.

          "My mom used to make them for me all the time. she'd also bring blue candies home from her job at the candy stall almost every day. After my step-dad had said there was no such thing as blue food she started making and bringing home blue treats to prove him wrong." 

          Shoto smiles, nodding his head. "Cool."

          I spear one of the pancakes with my fork and shove the whole thing in my mouth, relishing the fluffiness and slight hint of vanilla. They're not as good as Mom's, but Fuyumi did a pretty good job anyway. Light conversation bounced around the table until it was time for Nico, Shoto, Will, and I to head off to school. We speculate on what we would do in our afternoon hero calss as we make our way to U.A. High in the early morning light.