Prologue

In Mobius, things were fine and peaceful. Well, except for Eggman trying to take down the hedgehog siblings named Sonic and Y/N. But they always defeated him, so it's normal and can get tiring sometimes. They will always be enemies. Right now, everyone is having a party. They invited everyone as well as their friends and Freedom Fighters, including Silver, Blaze, Shadow, Rouge, and E-123 Omega, the Babylon Rogues, and the Chaotix. Sonic would always secretly keep an eye on any boys except for Tails for making any eye contact or funny move on Y/N. Y/N was having a talk with Sally aka her soon to be sister-in-law and Bunnie when Eggman came. Just as they were all about to fight when something weird is happening. The portal appeared out of nowhere and Y/N was suddenly getting pulled in. Sally and Bunnie tried to grab her, but it was too late as Y/N disappeared into the portal.

"Sis!!!" Sonic screamed.

Everyone gasped, shocked of what just happened.

"Where... did she go...?" Sally asked in worry.

"Y/N..." Tails gasped in fear as Cream and Cheese started to cry.

Where had Y/N gone off to? Why did the portal take her? What was it and where did it come from?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the portal, Y/N found herself in the cube and glitchy area where she had no idea where she's heading. She started to think about her brother and friends she's going to miss. Just then, her body started changing as well as her clothes, gloves, shoes, and her front hair and quills. Everything then turned black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In another dimension, a group of Mobius soldiers are fighting back against the floating anthropomorphic jackal with black fur. He has white long and stiff dreadlocks, a white collar of some kind, and white stripes on his back that resemble a ribcage. He also has a bushy tail with a white tip, and wears black gloves with silver streaks on the back, covering his sharp fingers.

He was wearing a silver-colored mask with large ears with white and black circular patterns on the inside, with the right ear being black with white circular patterns and the left being white with black circular patterns. While his left eye is visible through a red visor, his right eye is covered by a black lightning bolt-shaped piece, similar to an eyepatch, that is connected to his mask's right ear, which glows red when he uses his power. He also has a strange red gemstone that surround him in a red aura with red, glitch-like pixel particles scattered throughout his body.

"Fight back!"

"He's up there!"

"There is no reason to resist. Your savior is no more." he said and slaughtered them without remorse as screams was heard.

Y/N woke up to find herself in the middle of the war where there's destroyed building filled with fire, broken windows, and scraps. She doesn't know where she come from, but she knows that this world is in grave danger and it's very serious. She saw a gun that was dropped next to her after the evil black jackal slaughtered them. Y/N was about to pick it up when the demonic voice stopped her for a bit.

"I can taste your terror, child."

Y/N looked up and gasped to see him. He looks very intimidating and dark. She quickly grabbed it and held it up towards the jackal.

"All that anxiety and doubt..."

"Wait, why can't I move? Why can't I fight? I shouldn't be afraid."

Y/N tried to keep the gun steady and held her arm to stop it from shaking for her to get a better aim. That doesn't stop her body from shaking as she's too afraid to shoot.

"It's delicious."

He blasted the ground below her feet, making her trip and drop the gun.

"Give in to your fear. Flee, screaming, and I'll let you live."

"What is happening...?" she thought as he started laughing evily.

There's no way she's running away like a coward, but she can't fight him if she doesn't know what he's capable of. She had no choice to but to run away as his laughter was heard in the distance. Y/N ran for a while and finally stopped to catch her breath.

"I don't understand... Who is that guy? But I somehow feel different though..."

Y/N looked down at the puddle on the floor to see the reflection of herself. She's a normal light blue hedgehog with red spiky hair in front, even her quills in the back of her head are short. She wears black bodysuit with white gloves and orange shoes. She looks very different, but her (F/C) eyes are still the same. Suddenly, she heard running footsteps heading towards her. Y/N immediately got into her fighting stance and was about to take out her whip, but realized that it's gone as well as her sword and crystal necklace as they somehow disappeared after the portal changed her appearance. She cursed herself and decided to throw a punch towards the incoming stranger. Just as she was about to hit them, her fist was blocked.

"Woah! Easy there! You sure are heck of a fighter."

Y/N looked up to see the familiar red echidna.

"Knuckles?"

"Hey!" Knuckles greeted and let go of her fist. "Bingo!"

"Huh?"

"Not on your A game today are ya, Rookie? Your punch is not bad at all."

"R-Rookie?! Excuse you, I'm--"

"C'mon! Join me!" he said and already walked away.

"Um... okay." she said and followed after him.

"I don't think he remembers me. This is not the Knuckles I know. Looks like I'll just go along now. But I'm not okay of being called Rookie like that. I have a name. Hopefully, he have answers of what's going on."