~ Chapter 7 ~

Sonic, Y/N, and Infinite land on the ground after leaping out of the Central Tower following destroying the Phantom Ruby reactor. They wave to the incoming Tails and Classic Sonic.

"We did it! Eggman's army's is officially butt-kicked! We won!" Sonic cheered.

Tails and Classic Sonic noticed Infinite beside Y/N.

"Who's that guy?" Tails asked.

"Oh, um... His name is... uh..." Y/N stuttered.

"Zero. My name is Zero. It's my real name..." Zero said, muttering the last words to Y/N.

Y/N and Sonic were surprised that Zero is his real name as Sonic finds it odd for that name while Y/N smiles, liking that name.

"Zero... It suits you."

Zero blushes.

"Nice to meet you, Zero." Tails smiled while Classic Sonic nodded at him with thumbs up.

Sonic attempts to fist bump Y/N along with Infinite who hesitates, but they are interrupted by a small earthquake. Y/N quickly grits her teeth and scowls as they look around for the source of the interruption, unaware of a large, inhuman mech rising out of the crater behind them.

"What the?!" Zero exclaimed.

"Oh, come on! Now what? Can't we ever just win and have that be the end of it?"

"I'm getting tired of this..." Y/N groaned.

"Look!" Tails said, pointing at something behind them.

Dr. Eggman emerges with a giant Death Egg Robot.

"Gotcha! The fortress reactor was just a decoy. A true winner always keeps his trump card hidden until the end."

"Sonic, what's going on? There aren't less enemies! There's MORE!" Vector called over the radio.

"What?" Tails exclaimed in shock.

"But that's impossible!" Zero exclaimed.

"How could there be so many?" Amy asked over the radio.

"Confirmed sightings indicate Shadow, Metal Sonic, Zavok, Chaos, Infinite... Thousands of them!" Rouge spoke.

Zero looks at Y/N with wide eyes that Eggman can create a version of himself, but with a mask on.

"What have you done!?" Sonic shouted.

Classic Sonic grits his teeth in anger.

"You monster! You trickster!" Zero shouted.

"Mwa-hahaha! I merely incorporated the Phantom Ruby into this Death Egg Robot." Eggman laughed.

"But that means the Phantom Ruby no longer has a vulnerable energy supply. It's an invulnerable ruby?" Tails asked.

"A good deduction, Tails. This Death Egg Robot has... No, I have surpassed Infinite to become the complete and ultimate form. You will be crushed by this Death Egg Robot powered by the Phantom Ruby..."

The Sonics, Y/N, and Zero get into battle stances.

"..and in the end everything will still be just as I planned!"

Dr. Eggman cackles maniacally and sends out a powerful energy wave at his adversaries, nearly knocking them off-balance. Sonic steps forward.

"Your plan will end like all your plans do: with you sitting in a pile of busted robot parts wondering how you failed so badly. Let's get him."