~ Chapter 3 ~

Back to the Resistance

"Listen up! We just got word that Eggman's forces are undermanned at his headquarters in Metropolis!" Knuckles informed.

"They're probably staging somewhere else as part of Eggman's plan. This could be our only chance to take the city." Espio added.

" Exactly! That's why we're focusing on a full frontal assault on Metropolis! I'm calling it, 'Operation Big Wave'!"

"Who cares what it's called? What's important is to have a well thought out strategy." Silver said.

"I thought up this strategy in about a minute and a half. We're going in hard and fast and we're not going to stop till Eggman's army's destroyed. Sonic is busy fighting Shadow, but the rest of us can do this! We've got the strength and the spirit to win. There's no finer group that I'd want to fight with."

"Ha! Great speech! Let's give Eggman an old-fashioned beat down!" Vector grinned.

"Guys, I love this plan and all but we gotta think this through. I feel like this is too risky." Y/N said.

"They have more in sheer numbers, so the idea of a quick, focused attack isn't bad. We also have Sonic-- I mean, the other Sonic-- so I have no doubt we can do this! Also, if we can destroy the Phantom Ruby, we should be able to send the other Sonic home! At least I hope so... this is all new territory for me..." Tails said.

"Oh... well okay. If you say so." Y/N said, having another bad feeling.

"Okay, let's head straight for Eggman's HQ! Time to save the world, people!" Knuckles said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In Metropolis Capital City

"Alright! Time for Operation Big Wave! We'll surge forward and sweep the enemy away!" Knuckles spoke over the radio.

Y/N after destroying the robots swung herself with the wrist-mounted grappling hook and made it to the other side and easily took out the robots with her lightning wispon. Eggman's voice was heard over the radio.

"How absurd! What can that rabble do with an all-out attack? I'll smash her to smithereens!"

Y/N run through and jumped into the air as she flew. She noticed a presence flew by next to her, making her turn and gasp to see Infinite again. He glanced at her for a moment and blushed as he took a good look into her eyes that made his heart melt. He quickly glanced away when he heard Eggman's voice.

"Infinite! Activate the Phantom Ruby! Make them wish they'd never been born!"

Infinite did what he was told as he went in front of her and activated the Phantom Ruby as his hands glowed red. Y/N suddenly froze and was flipped upside down.

"Whoa! What's happening?!"

"Stay calm!" Knuckles spoke. "What you're seeing isn't real!"

"It's no use! Our troops are scattering in the confusion!" Soldier said over the radio.

Y/N flew up towards the top of the building as she hung upside down and jumped over the box that was in the way and swung herself to the bottom of the bridge as they fall apart. Luckily, she used her wrist-mounted grappling hook and swung again.

"This is bad! Our forces were all gathered together, and now they're plunged into chaos!" Silver spoke.

"I wouldn't say that I told you so! I gotta stay alert!" Y/N said and was suddenly frozen again as she could see Infinite who's laughing evily and flipped over again.