~ Chapter 1 ~

(This is how you look like in Sonic Forces. I took a picture from the TV. I hope it's clear. Pretty cool, right? I wanna make her look tough.)

In the Resistance HQ where Amy, Silver, Charmy, and Espio are as Vector walked inside from the sliding door who looked like he had a headache.

"Eggman's army is unstoppable! Without Sonic, the people are losing hope and giving into despair."

"Despair is a luxury we don't have." Silver spoke up.

"I still dream that Sonic is with us." Amy said, putting her right hand over her chest. "Do you think he might be--"

"I'm an optimist, but I'm also a realist. Sonic is gone, Amy. And Tails is... Tails has just lost it." Silver said with sadness in his voice.

This made everyone sad that everything in their world has changed.

"If we're going to win we have to do it without them."

"Silver is right." Espio steps in, walking closer to the table and placing his palms on it. "We've been hoping for a miracle these past six months, but I'm afraid we have to make our own miracle."

"Eggman's army has everyone terrified. If we want the people to rally, we have to show them that strength doesn't come from numbers."

"Not everyone is terrified." Charmy said who's flying in the air. "Isn't a new recruit joining us today?"

"Yes, a survivor from the city, right?" Silver answered.

"I'm accessing the file now..." Amy said, looking through the computer and setting her finger tips on the keyboard in front of her.

The file showed the picture of Y/N. But for some reason, they knew her from somewhere. Their minds are fuzzy for a bit. Silver had a feeling that this person is not from here. Just then, Knuckles walks in, making everyone turn to him.

"Knuckles! What's the sitrep, Commander?" Silver asked.

"Happy to see you're all still alive." Knuckles said. "Eggman's forces have chewed through our defenses at Green Hill, and the resistance in the city is reporting that whatever it is that finished Sonic... Sorry, I'm still not used to saying that."

Behind the sliding door, Y/N was beyond shocked and in disbelief that her brother is gone.

"I-It can't be... There's no way... How can this be?"

"Whatever it is has got them running in fear." Knuckles continued.

The sliding door then opened to reveal Y/N as she walked in still shocked about her brother's 'death'.

"All except for this brave kid, who survived the battle and made it here in one piece. Meet our newest recruit."

Knuckles patted her back rather roughly, making her almost fall over. She gave him a quick glare and looked at everyone she know. Charmy flew over, examining her.

"Hmm, doesn't look like much."

"Excuse you? Are you looking down on me?" Y/N glared at him, making him flinch and shake his head.

"Neither do you, Charmy, but I still manage to find a use for your pointy butt!" Knuckles said, defending her.

"Teehee." Charmy giggled.

"Thanks, Knuckles."

"Here, kid. Take this." Knuckles handed her the red gun called the Burst Wispon. "We're depending on you."

"Thanks. And I have a name. It's Y/N."

Knuckles nodded and blushed a little liking that name as well as Silver and Espio who are blushing. Knuckles shook his head and turned to the group.