~ Chapter 5 ~

Before Y/N went to the Central Tower, she was outside the base at night, looking out the stars in the sky. She sighed, wondering how her friends are in another dimension. She pretty much miss them. So many things have been happening so fast and she's surprised that she's keeping her sanity. Sometimes she wondered if the world really need her after bringing her here for no reason. She kinda knows that it's about saving the world, but there's something more than that and she doesn't know what.

"Hey, miss? Um... you okay?"

Y/N turned to see the red wolf with glasses.

"Yeah, I'm fine, I guess. Who're you?"

"I'm Gadget. Part of the resistance." Gadget introduced himself.

"Name's Y/N."

"I noticed you look down lately or more like you've seen lost."

Y/N sighed, looking back at the stars.

"It's just... I'm... scared. How am I ever going back home if Eggman successfully rule the Empire? What's ever going to happen to my friends? The future? Am I even a hero?"

Gadget looks at her and places his hand on her shoulder. Y/N looks at him, making him blush a little at how pretty her eyes are.

"You know, my friends taught me that it's okay to be scared. 'Cause you can do anything. Even change the future. I was found by my two new friends I have ever had and we made our own resistance to ally with Sonic and others. I was once scared, but with my friends by my side, I know that I'm not alone. I believe you know that by now."

Y/N looks at him before smiling.

"Thanks, Gadget. I... really needed that."

She stands up.

"I hope to see you in battle soon. Looking forward to fight by your side."

Gadget smiles back and stands up.

"It would be my honor, Y/N."

"See you."

She the heads back to the base.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In Metropolis, Sonic confronts Eggman, along with Orbot and Cubot, on one of Metropolis' rooftops.

"Welcome, Sonic. Glad you could make it to your funeral! Infinite, do it." Eggman ordered.

"Take this!" Infinite created a portal.

"What is that?" Sonic questioned.

As Eggman speaks, Orbot and Cubot realize the severity of the situation and scamper away in the opposite direction in absolute fear.

"Har-har. That, my spiky little frenemy, is null space."

"Null space?"

Sonic signals to Tails to go into hiding. Tails complies, taking cover behind one of the nearby vents that provides ample shielding for him.

"It's a little something that the Phantom Ruby cooked up, a closed-off space where absolutely nothing exists! Good-bye, Sonic, my soon-to-be-eradicated nemesis. Enjoy all the nothing!"

Eggman rockets the Egg Mobile skyward as Infinite fires another shot before retreating backwards to safety. The second shot enlarges the portal and activates a powerful suction vacuum in it, catching Sonic and Tails by surprise by the force of the pull. The portal begins sucking everything in. Tails holds onto the building piece he took cover behind while Sonic is losing his footing, unable to resist the pull from the portal. Just as Sonic loses his footing completely and starts to be pulled into the portal, Y/N swings in and grabs Sonic, struggling to hold onto him for as long as she can.