~ Chapter 2 ~

They are now back at the Resistance HQ with Sonic here.

"Sonic, finding you alive is the best news we've had in months! And here's the bad news. Our intel indicates that Eggman's got a weapons factory in Green Hill, pumping out munitions for his war effort." Knuckles said.

"A factory? We can't take out Eggman's home base in Metropolis if he's got a factory supplying him." Silver spoke.

"No kidding. Look Sonic, I know you just got back but we're spread thin. Can you take care of this? We need that factory in Green Hill destroyed. Take the rookie-- I mean, Y/N with you."

"You sure about this?" Vector asked. "The kid was shaking like a leaf the whole time we were at the Death Egg."

"Excuse me?! I wasn't scared! You wanna fight me?!" Y/N growled at the crocodile.

"S-Sorry!..." Vector backed away.

"Easy there, Y/N." Sonic patted her back.

"That's because it's cold in space! The factory is nice and warm!" Charmy said, trying not to make her mad.

"It will be when it's burnt to the ground! Sonic, you take the lead! Y/N, just make sure you take good notes." Knuckles said.

"I've got six months of payback I'm just dying to spend. This sounds like a good start!" Sonic smirked.

"Oh, yeah!" Y/N smirked, feeling pumped up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sonic and Y/N are now in Green Hill Arensal Pyramid as they ran together.

"The enemy's factory is inside the pyramid. I can send reinforcements if you don't think you can handle it." Knuckles said through the radio.

"No need! The two of us are more than enough!" Sonic said.

"That's right!" Y/N nodded.

"We'll blitz th place and open up a path for resistance. Right, partner?"

"Right!"

They ran through every floor as they jumped in the air.

"Time for the two of us to team up! It doesn't matter what obstacles they put it in our way." Sonic said.

Both him and Y/N jumped as their power combined with their speed.

"We'll blow past everything they throw at us!"

They then fist bumped and started spinning as they yelled.

"Double Boost!!"

They both ran speedily as they easily destroyed the robots without touching them.

"Yeah! That's how it's done! We've got unstoppable speed and timing! We just have to keep this up!"

"Yeah!!"

They eventually flew up the building and saw a big hole in there.

"Bingo! Found a way in!" Sonic said.

"You should be able to get into the factory through there. Stay alert!" Amy warned over the radio.

"Heh. This should be fun."

Sonic and Y/N fall down in midair as they dodged all the lasers that are in their way. They spun their body as they gave a wave to the readers and went back to dodging more lasers as they fall. They then made it to the ground safely. Y/N noticed there are a lot of platforms for them to jump and climb on. She looked at the Lightning Wispon and got the idea and grabbed Sonic's hand as the lightning gave them a boost from the robot and flew up in the air.