~ Final Chapter ~

The next day, at the Resistance HQ, the main Resistance members are sitting around, talking to each other. Y/N watches the screen for a while along with Zero. After cleaning up the mess Eggman has made, it was not too long ago that Zero's secret was revealed as he was actually Infinite not surprisingly by Shadow. Let's just say everyone did not take it well and were about to finish him off when Y/N, Sonic, and surprisingly Gadget and his other two friends defended him that he helped them defeat the Death Egg Robot. Without him, they wouldn't be able to survive and save the world.

They told them that Zero had proved enough loyalty by helping them out with the mess he made as well as the people he had hurt. He never did any funny business. At first they didn't trust him, but after a while people begin to be nice to him one by one, except for Shadow. Y/N had at least convinced him to give Zero a second chance. He eventually give him and their conversations were a little awkward as they just gave each other a glare or insults. Y/N had to always intervene to stop them from making things worse and just told them to get along whether they like it or not and no fights.

Knuckles then enters the room.

"Finally, an end to this endless battle. Everyone can go back home and relax. There's no need for the Resistance."

Silver hops down from the crate he was sitting on.

"Hold on, there's still a lot we need to do. We're just getting started."

Knuckles nods. Y/N turns around to Knuckles.

"Hey, Knuckles. I think it's time that I need to go home..."

Zero looks at Y/N sadly.

"What? You're leaving us? There are others who need your help? But OK, I'm not gonna stop you." Knuckles said, frowning that he's going to miss her.

"Man, the first time I saw you stumbling around, I had no idea you could pull this thing together and see it to the end."

Vector pats Y/N's back.

"I've changed my mind about you."

Y/N gave him a deadpan.

"Really?"

"I knew you'd come through, rookie. Well, I guess you're not a rookie anymore!"

"Nope. And please call me Y/N. Rookie sounds a bit odd."

Knuckles nodded. Rouge pushes Knuckles to one side.

"You did good out there. It's not like you just waited till the last minute to come in and act all cool saving the day."

Realizing Rouge is talking about him, Omega extends his hand outwards in her direction while she winks at him. Shadow, leaning against a few crates, raises his head slightly and grunts. He secretly glances at Y/N and blushes. He's sure going to miss her too.

"Our battle is done and our resistance has come to a conclusion, but we'll be friends forever. A single person cannot restore the entire world. We have to work together and make a diligent effort!" Tails said.

"Yeah!"

The Resistance nod in agreement. Zero looks at Y/N again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/N and Tails are outside the city where the sunset is. Y/N had a watch around her wrist as Tails activate it.

"Here it goes!"

Her watch beeped and then the portal was opened in front of them.

"It worked!" Tails cheered.

"Wow! It did! I knew you can do it! Thank you so much, Tails!"