1.01.7

𓇽

"Mom I'm fine really." I laughed as she tried to put more ice on my bruise. "I'm going to John b's." I said, pushing her hand away lightly.

She snapped her fingers and turned around digging in her purse. "Get him some groceries before you go." She said handing me a 100 dollar bill.

"Okay love you." I said kissing her cheek before walking out of the house and getting into my car driving to the store. I knew John b still didn't have anything serious so I just bought the essential, and checked out loading the bags into my car.

"Hey you forgot this bag at the register." A boy said jogging to my car. I smiled and huffed "Thank you so much! It was the bread too, I don't think they would have survived without it." I said grabbing it and putting it in my trunk.

"Uh I'm Adam." The boy said, smiling. I smiled back "Addie."

"Well Addie, I'll let you get home." He smiled giving a small wave. "Bye thank you."

I walked to the car door and opened it. "Wait um actually." The guy said, turning back around.

"Can I get your number?" He asked.

I blushed and held out by hand. He smiled and handed me his phone. I typed in my number and handed it back to him. "I'll see you later." I beamed, Getting in my car and closing the door.

I took a deep breath to try to hide my expression but the blush wouldn't go away. Adam was hot, And somehow wanted my number.

I turned on my car and pulled out of the parking spot and drove to John b.

"Food!" John b beamed as I walked up on the porch where him and all my friends are. "Rest is in the car If you don't mind helping." I said as Pope opened the door for me to get in the house. "Thank you." I said putting the bags on the counter. John b came in after with the rest.

I closed the trunk and locked my car and sat next to Kie on the bench. She was playing bongos, Pope was reading and JJ was throwing rocks. I pulled out my phone as it buzzed looking at the unknown texter. I was surprised I even had service over here.

'Hey it's Adam :)'

I beamed and texted back. This went on for a while, me texting him, Lightly flirting. Him texting me, really flirting.

"Addie. Addie!" John b yelled at me making me look up from my phone. "What's up?" I asked.

"We've been talking to you for the last 5 minutes and you haven't even looked up from your phone."

I blushed and turned off my phone. "Sorry um what are we talking about?"

"No no what's up?" John b said.

I sighed. "I met a guy."

"You met a guy?" JJ scoffed

"Yep at the store. He asked for my number."

"And you gave it to him?" Pope asked

"Yeah total stranger. And I just gave it to him."

"So it's not about last night?" John b asked.

My smile fell and I glared at John b and JJ who stood in front of me. "You both are idiots! Complete and utter idiots. You could have died and you are probably going to jail now." I said pointing at the boys in front of me.

"You joined in!"

"Yeah because If I get arrested , my life won't be ruined. But if you two even get a tad bit involved in that, they're going to send you both to foster care because your parents have a sorry ass father. So yeah, I'd rather get involved than either of you." I huffed, crossing my arms.

"You got hurt."

"A punch isn't going to hurt me John b. I grew up getting beat by my dad. I don't think a little sissy punch from topper is going to affect me."

𓇽

"Hey Johnny." I said looking at the tank gages. "This tank is empty."

"You took empty tanks?" Kie asked him and I groaned rolling my eyes at him. Stupid boys.

"This one is a quarter full." I said looking at the Other gauge. "That's enough for one of us."

"Love it when a plan comes together." The Pope said sarcastically.

"Does anyone know how to dive?" Kie asked. "Anybody?"

"It's kind of a kook sport."

I groaned. "Sadly I do."

"Great. Let's get the girl who is scared of the water to dive." JJ said sarcastically.

"I can dive." John b stated.

"Since when?" I asked.

"I'll do it. It's fine."

Kie rolled her eyes. "Are you serious?"

"Okay Johnny it's about thirty feet done so, it'll take 25 minutes at that death. You need to stop at 10 feet for two minutes for your rest stop. If you don't you'll die, got it?" I said

"Two minutes? Got it."

I watched as Kie took off her shirt and jumped into the water.

"What was that all about?" Pope asked.

"I don't know but I like it. A lot." JJ said, making me send him a glare unintentionally. "What?"

"Okay when you're down there look for the cargo hold. You stick this thing inside there and twist and pull okay?" JJ said, holding up a key.

"Stick in, twist, pull."

"Yeah. My dad moved weight back in the day."

"Who didn't?"

"Hey, I tied my shirt to the anchor chain about teen feet down. It's where you need to do your safety stop." Kie said, swimming back to the boat.

"You need to make sure to have enough air to decompress okay?" I said, handing John the gage.

"Okay, how much do I need?" He asked me.

I shrugged. "Not really sure to be honest, just Breathe as little as possible. And don't die. Please."

"Zen. Think zen, you know?" JJ said pretending to breath thru a mask

"Yeah, I got it." John b said, rolling his eyes.

"Hey if we get caught in the marsh we're basically screwed so you better get a move on." The Pope said.

"Copy that."

Kie kissed John b cheek and I smiled a little. "Diver down?"

"Diver down."

𓇽