1.09.1

The bell tower

𓇽

I sat on the ground looking up at the sky as the plan flew over our heads. A plane and 400 million dollars.

I wasn't angry or upset, I just kinda felt numb. Like sorta and 'oh well' situations. Like I could get shot or JJ could get shot right now and I'd probably laugh.

"There goes the gold." JJ muttered. "Shit!" He said kicking some trash.

"Fuck!" Pope yelled, kicking trash also. I turned around and looked at the boy, I guess this was his time to break.

"Pope!" Kie yelled at him as he started to use a bat and break more items, letting out a string of curse words with every hit.

"Well this is eventful." I muttered laying my head on the ground watching the sky, popes screams filling the air.

"Pope! Pope! Pope." Kie yelled at the boy which made him stop, only his breathing now heard.

"Yeah dude. I was wondering when this was gonna happen." I yelled to Pope from the ground.

"Here you go Chief. A Little weed never hurts no one." I sat my head up and saw JJ holding his juul out to pope.

"Jj." Kie said.

"Relax Kie."

"You know he doesn't smoke."

Pope grabbed it out of JJ's hand and stared at it. "Maybe not till today."

"Pope. Yeah what's that gonna help?"

"I lost my scholarship. Walked out in the middle of the interview. Every-it's gone. It's not gonna happen." Pope said, making me snort and lower my head back to the ground. "Dumbass." I laughed.

"Addie." JJ said in a warning tone.

"What JJ? We just lost a shit ton of money. I can grieve in different ways." I spat

"You did that for us?" Kie asked.

"No, not for us. For nothing."

"I'm here for you pope. Welcome to my world okay?"

"JJ-"

"What kie? He's right. It Doesn't matter anymore."

"You don't have to do that."

"When do you care?"

I heard footsteps and I looked over to see John b. My mind kinda snapped out of whatever weird trance it was in and I stood up running over to the boy. "JB!"

"Dude! Dude, you good?"

"Oh, my god! John b!"

I grabbed his hands and looked at the blood covering it. "Your blood?"

"Whose blood is that?" Kie asked.

I heard sirens and I looked at John b anxiously. "John b what happened, are you okay man? Snap out of it." I said, grabbing his cheek and making him look at me.

The sirens got closer and I pulled him into the shed I was in, hiding behind the stuff inside. "What are we getting ourselves into?"

𓇽

"John b, where are we doing at the police station?" JJ asked from next to me.

"Somebody's gotta tell them what happened." John b said. He was still very shaken up and I had a feeling nothing was going to go right.

Pope started coughing, making me wince in disgust. "Cover your mouth dude." I mumbled, grabbing the blunt from him and taking a hit myself.

"Addie! You too?" Kie won.

"Alright. I'm just gonna be real with you right now. You might end up in the lion's den, but you don't go there on purpose. It's fundamental. Just like my old man always told me, you should never ever trust cops, no matter what the circumstance is." JJ said.

"Your old man is an abusive, lying, alcoholic druggy." I said, rolling my eyes at JJ.

"I Agree with JJ. Fuck the police." Pope said.

"I mean you're not wrong, but if this is gonna help John b stay out of jail then." I muttered.

"Are you going to the dark side now?" Kie asked.

"When's the last time the police helped us?" Pope asked.

"Peterkin looked out for me, all right? Tried to at least. They need to know."

I sighed as he got out of the car and grabbed the blunt back from Pope who glared at me. "Calms my brain." I muttered.

JJ put his hand on my leg and looked at my face, almost searching for some emotion. "Baby? How are dealing with everything?" He asked.

"Great." I said sarcastically. "Not like we just lost 400 million dollars, the sheriffs been murdered with John b at the crime scene, and popes lost his mind. I'm just peachy."

"And it's getting worse." I muttered looking out the window to see John b running towards.

"Start the car Kie!" He yelled.

"What? John b?"

"John b what did you do?"

"The cops! Go!"

"Go Kie go!"

My friends continued to yell at Kie as she drove away from the deputy's trying to chase the car.

Silence filled the air as we drove knowing what was going to go down soon.

𓇽