5: Our Kind of Sunset

"Where should we go next?" I landed on his side after taking off the carousel. 

"I grabbed some popcorn, maybe we could find a spot to rest. The sweat on your forehead's already shimmering." The firmness of his voice confused my comprehension on taking it as a sweet insult or violent compliment.

Instead of arguing, I forced myself to offer him the way and trailed behind. This time, another wonder of the world spotted my attention. His oozing broad shoulders perfectly crafted the edges of his dorsal torso, appearing to be the man that he is.

Every part of him weakens every single joint I have in my body. If being a hero's measured through resisting this kind of temptation, I would probably be expanding my house due to jam-packed awards.

The way his hips naturally swayed, emphasizing the luscious butt of his, looked like gates of heaven. 

"How does it feel to be God's favorite?"

Oh no.

"What?" He slightly crooked his body to the side, facing my direction behind. When his eyes caught mine, my cheeks started to flare up and drown me to my own grave. I am in the midst of seduction and embarrassment at once.

"Nothing." I tried to deviate the topic and bravely ambled ahead like nothing happened, yet his hand quickly reached out for mine, pulling me back to his side like a magnet.

"I heard you saying something." Taylor insisted. Being able to inhale his breath was like lying on a flower bed. 

"If so, why are you asking?" Flicked my hair, I left him in awe. I know. That was a huge move. A plucky one actually. But I went straight ahead towards a burger junction, thinking it could be a possible escape.

Taylor kept his obvious smirk when I noticed him following me. I sat on the counter chair and scrutinized the menu on the board. His hot gazes broke the walls I tried to build in a few seconds, and wrapped his protective arms around my chest.

"Can I take your order, Sir?" The man gently asked.

"Uhhh, two cheeseburgers for this beautiful woman close to my heart, and to God's favorite."

Ooooooh!!

Shut up. I'm already embarrassed enough, pretty conscience. This man really knows how to get girls on their knees. I fully allowed him to pursue his action and unintentionally submerged my back on his chest. What surprised me even more is how he tightly gripped his left arm to my entire little body while we wait for the order.

The idea of still being here in California has never departed my mind. I am worried, and I want to go back home.

But why do I feel like leaving this beautiful place would be the greatest sin I could commit to myself? 

"Here's your burger, my lady." Taylor gently handed the newly served goody in the midst of my thoughts. He smiled sweetly before taking a big bite.

"I like you."

"What?"

What the hell? Are you crazy?

I think so.

"I like that you are treating me with-- with uhh, all these. You're pampering me too much, I might get used to it." That can be a good cover up for the little crap I allowed to spit out. Thankful he was oblivious to notice.

"Nah, I don't mind. I want you to get used to it even. It would be a pleasure and privilege to spoil you." If only the universe could hear the internal and unstable sobs I'm locking inside, the heaviest and most tragic disaster would come in a split second.