10: Away from home

The night went too fast for us to enjoy it to ourselves. Taylor and I departed the vast field of flowers and returned to the beach house. He kept me warm and cozy inside his arms as we suffused into a deep sleep.

I usually don't have dreams but this time, I had an amusing one. I was riding a unicorn in the clouds and there were a lot of chocolates floating around, along with some marshmallows and candies. Indeed t'was a vibey one, for I spent the ride almost in tears from laughing. Hearing Katy Perry's California Gurls made my entire dream look like a music video.

But it all ended with a voice that mumbled and buzzed my ear. I flexed my arms to feel Taylor's presence beside me, but he was not there anymore. A perfect signal to open my eyes and look for him around.

"Okay, let me have some breakfast first. I'll be there in two hours."

"Are they coming as well? Do we have a dress code?"

He seriously spoke through the phone when I got up to stare. My eyes weren't fully opened yet, so my ears did its job to snoop for information.

"Thanks, Joel. See you in a bit." Joel? Lee Flynn?

Taylor walked past by me and continued to pack our things up.

"Hey." I softly mumbled as I gently rubbed my eyes. He must have known I was awake, for my voice didn't scare him that much. He slightly twisted his head to check on me and continued walking towards the closet. As I sat up, I saw things packed inside the backpack.

"We're leaving?" I haven't enjoyed my stay here yet. Yesterday was just a kick off but today's supposed to be the part where we get the blast.

"Unfortunately, yes. I totally forgot about the meet and greet scheduled today, soo technically, we're leaving in a bit." And I, yours truly, also forgot that I am dating Marco Valentin Peña. 

Clearly, I have no choice but to agree on it. The journey back to his place was serene, as none of us spoke a word and headed home quietly. Taylor halted in front of the building  and gently handed me my things.

"You're not coming?" I quickly asked right when he offered the apartment keys to me.

"Yeah. We need to be there before lunch time so we could assist the staff on the booth." He swiftly remarked as he put his glasses back on and manuevered his hands on the steering wheel.

"What am I gonna do here?" Just like a baby being abandoned by its primary caregiver, I pouted my lips in dismay.  Taylor hopped out of the car immediately and wrapped me in his arms.

This is the place where I wanted to last long, and you being away from me for even a bit, literally bites like shit.

I wish I could tell him that, but after all, he has priorities and so do I.

After planting a kiss on my forehead, he handed me his card.

"Do whatever you want today, be back by 5. Let's get dinner together." and just as quick as blink, he departed and went off my sight.

Cool.

As I entered the unit, I couldn't even imagine the things I'd do without him. You see, I got used to doing stuffs on my own for so many years, and I completely forgot how that felt after being with him for days. I must've learned dependency upon meeting Taylor.

Maybe you wanted us to do some self-evaluation on your free time?

It's been a while since I heard my conscience. Well, there's nothing to really evaluate. I know what I'm doing and I absolutely think that I am in control of my life. So, there's no self-evaluation for today. I might want to check on this little card on my hand.