13: Unknown Number

"You know you just can't do that, right?" Taylor sounded firm thought not mad yet.

"Actually, I can. We haven't reached a week of knowing each other. How do you expect me to cling on to you? We're talking about trust? How's that supposed to be given in a span of what- three days? Four?" Both of our faces were a ruler away from each other, and none of us had the plans to leave our seats. That is pride talking over there.

Taylor intently looked into my eyes as if he's searching for answers. The hot gazes I received were more like an investigation of my being.

"You are not even my boyfriend, Taylor. You're just somebody who badly needed an escape from the world you're in, and you found me. You found someone whose existence relies on nothing. You do not even know me or the things I do for a living." This explanation better lead me to something or else, I might pick myself up on a flight back to Australia.

"I know a little, and that could be the start. Lara, we have just begun, and I badly need you to trust me that this is gonna work. I want our relationship to work."

"You know what Taylor, I'm starting to believe that all of these- it's just a dream. Who would really wake up in a plane miles and miles away from home, and end up being with a celebrity? No one. Nobody but I." I made sure that every word I said was clear before standing up. 

But before I could make a step, his strong hand pulled me back to where I was seated and his lips met mine. His strength made the impact so strong that the kiss was so deep and authentic. There's this unwanted urge inside of me to give in and respond, but I just can't. I felt betrayed and lied upon. 

I thought you were just gonna let him do that.

I may be impulsive when it comes to love, but I'm not that stupid.

I drifted and pulled his hand away from gripping mine. I ran towards the bed and searched for decent clothes to wear. My phone and wallet came next to thoughts before leaving his place. He kept on yelling my name, but he wasn't even moving from where he was seated.

That's definitely zero effort at all.

It sure is.. but I also don't know what effort could do.

---------

Santa Monica isn't that big, but it's big enough for me to get lost after a while of walking. There's no way I'd be able to memorize all the streets I have passed by. 

I opened my phone to check on maps and search my way, when my phone suddenly rang and displayed an unknown number.

"Hello?"

There was no response from the other end.

"Who's this?"

A breath took over several times yet no voice appeared.

"Is this someone I know? Jacob? Joel?"

I was expecting for a drop of call or stronger breaths, yet I received the opposite. The person on the other end chuckled, and it was somebody I am never familiar with. If it's someone from Java, I would know. I could also recognize the Kissing Booth's main casts' voices, but this one, it sounded weird.

"I already am having a bad morning. Can you not add?" There's no room for me to get scared because my existence here in California already is.

"Meet me."

"And why on earth should I do that? I don't know you nor do I recognize your voice." My brisk response made its way right after the woman's command.

"Because I have the answers to your questions. You have been wondering why you woke up in a plane instead of being inside the cinema, remember? I might help you fill that space in your mind."