Chapter 1

Chanel POV
"WAKEUP CHAY BEFORE YOUR LATE THEN I GOTTA TAKE YOU TO SCHOOL CAUSE ASHLEE ASS AINT GONE WAIT" my Dad yelled walking out my room. I rolled over in bed to look at the time. I got like 30 minutes to get ready. I rolled out of bed and went to the bathroom.

"How you gone tell me to hurry up but you in here" I say standing in the door way of the bathroom.

"You have a whole bathroom in your room" he say messing with his hair.

"About that I need new lights in there and the walls still drying from me painting them yesterday" I said looking at him.

"Bruh come on you do to much" he said moving toward the wall so I can get in there. We both started brushing our teeth. I take off my bonnet and start brushing my hair.
"Um why you up tho you usually wake up when I leave" I asked.

"Um I got a meeting today with some people".

"Who cause the boys don't even be up this damn early" I say giving him a face.

"Watch yo damn mouth and some white people im thinking bout expanding the business"

I grab my stuff and start walking out "You betta watch out they gone start giving yo weed weird French words" I say.

My daddy done been dealing for 20 years since he was 16. He done moved up in the game and is now the Kingpin. He never just wanted to deal he always has a bigger plan ahead. He's starting to branch out he wants to open businesses soon.

Anyways I started getting ready. I put on a Nike jogging suit on. Then packed my bag up.

Incoming called Bestie❤️
Me:you outside
Ashlee: yes come on
Me: yes let me put on some shoes bye.

I hurried up and put shoes on then left out. "BYE DAD". I get into her car.

"Hey bitch" Ashlee say taking the car out of park."Hey girl".

Me and Ashlee been friends our whole life but we got two different upbringings.

Ash lives with her grandma her mom died and he dad plays pro football. He living large in the rich part of the city. But Ashlee likes staying with her grandma and by us.

She gets hate for staying but hey I'm happy to still have my friend. She goes see her dad on weekends and breaks. Her father doesn't hate her for the decision he misses the city too but he knows if he comes back he will be a target. Some people hate seeing people make it especially the niggas on the west side. Him and my dad are good friends though.

I got snapped out my thoughts by us pulling up to the school.

Ashlee and me both not morning people so we don't talk on our way there.

I get to first period and sit next to my brother, Dior.

"Waddup sus" he say looking at his phone".
"Hey" I whisper. I laid my head on his shoulder.

Class started and I did my work till the bell rang. I left and walked to my next class.

I don't really socialize with people. I stay to myself I have friends that I can hang with I just stay focused during school.

After school was over I went to Ashlee car.

"You trying to go to the mall" she asked.