23| Eye candy

Chapter 23: Eye candy (Alex's POV)

I took a seat on one of the benches along the sides while Carter went to change. He came out moments later in grey joggers and a black v-neck. He came over and sat next to me, leaning against the wall with me. 

"If you get bored, you are more than welcome to go out and someplace else. You don't have to just sit here," he said. 

"Why are you so convinced I'm going to get bored to death? Watching you is entertaining enough. Go on," I gestured. 

He shook his head with a smile before standing up. Moments later, another guy walked in with a pair of gloves and bandages in hand. He greeted Carter before wrapping up his knuckles for him and tossing him the gloves. "Run through your warm-up routine one time, and then we'll teach you some more stuff today." 

I take it he's the trainer. And he doesn't seem to be much older than us. He looked around the place, probably at the people he trained, before he saw me just sitting there. He seemed confused. That's fair, considering he's never seen me in this gym before. He didn't seem to act on his confusion and continued walking around the place teaching people while Carter did his routine and- oh my God. 

"God really took his time with you," I mumbled while leaning my head against the wall, staring at him. 

After his routine, he was drenched in sweat and flushed, as well as out of breath. "Ten minutes Carter, then you're up!" the guy called out. 

Carter came and sat beside me, panting and drinking water. "Why do I do this to myself?" he huffed. 

"Couldn't tell you," I shrugged. 

He set his bottle down and pulled his shirt over his head. 

Okay. God REALLY took his time with him. 

So much time that I just kept staring. 

"You can stop staring," he chuckled. 

I blinked and snapped myself out of it, forcing myself to look up at his face. "Sorry," I mumbled sheepishly. 

"Why? I check you out," he shrugged. 

"You do?" I asked. 

"All the time," he replied. 

How does one react to that? 

"Nobody refuses eye candy," he laughed. 

"Eye candy? I cannot believe those words just came out of your mouth but yeah, eye candy it is," I chuckled. 

"I'm tired," he whined. 

"I know," I nodded. 

"Carter, let's go." 

"What? It hasn't even been ten minutes yet!" Carter whined. 

"My clock runs differently. Who's this?" he asked while walking over, nodding at me. 

"I'm Alex," I said. He simply nodded before walking away. 

"God, I hate him. I'll see you in a bit," Carter said, pecking my lips before standing up and following. They went somewhere else before coming back and stepping into the ring in front of me. 

This is scary just to watch. 

The whole time, trainer guy barked orders, Carter followed throwing punches in the different ways he was supposed to. After a while, he showed him some new moves, it all looked really cool, I couldn't take my eyes off. 

"Dude, okay. Time's up," Carter said while throwing his gloves off. 

"Not yet," the trainer said before punching Carter in the abdomen.