32| Sheets

Chapter 32: Sheets (Carter's POV)

I woke up the next morning before her. She was fast asleep beside me, her hair down and splayed out, a few strands across her face. I brushed them back while she continued sleeping soundlessly, hugging the pillow. 

I pushed her hair to one side before tracing circles on her bare back. She shuffled before turning her head to face me, slowly opening her eyes. I won't say much about last night. Either she's really loud, or I'm really good. I'd say the latter. 

But I really just wanted to make sure she was okay and completely willing. I asked a few times in the beginning if she wanted me to stop but she said no each time. She seemed to enjoy it a little more than I would have expected, or she's really expressive. Can't say I complained. 

My mind kept flashing back to last night. She was so beautiful. She is so beautiful. I could never get enough of her. 

She placed her hands over my eyes before I heard shuffling. I presume she's sitting up. "Give me a shirt," she mumbled. 

"I can't do that with my eyes closed," I smirked. 

She sighed in defeat before removing her hand while lying back down, pulling the covers up. I got out of bed and opened my closet, grabbing a shirt. I slipped my briefs on before falling asleep last night. She only had underwear on. She held her hand out but I wouldn't give it to her so easily. 

"Carter, no," she whined. 

"Alex, yes," I laughed, "And you didn't mind being naked last night," I smirked. 

"We were having sex last night," she retorted. 

"We could do that again," I leaned in. 

She snatched the shirt and sat up hugging the sheets, her back towards me before she slipped the shirt on quickly. I lay back down, staring at her while she stared out of my window. "What time is it?" she asked, lying back down. 

"I think it's like eight," I said. 

"Why are you awake right now?" she asked, squinting a little at the brightness of the sun peeking through. I shrugged in response while she scooted over and lay beside me, resting her head on my chest. "I want ice cream," she mumbled. 

"You want ice cream?" I chuckled. 

"You didn't let me get any last night," she whined. 

"I have chocolate and vanilla," I said. 

"I want chocolate," she said. 

I sat up on the edge of the bed while she climbed onto my back. I took her down to the kitchen and seated her on the counter where she jumped. "Jesus, that is cold," she said, putting her hands under her thighs. I laughed while getting her a scoop. "More," she pouted. 

"Ice cream for breakfast? I don't think so," I replied. 

"It's not breakfast if I go back to sleep," she said while taking the bowl and spoon from me. 

"Sure it is," I replied. 

"Why?" she frowned while holding the spoon in front of me. 

"Because it's still the first thing you ate when you woke up," I said, eating the spoonful before standing between her legs, running my fingers through my hair. "I love you," I said, grabbing her face and pulling it down while I kissed her forehead. 

"I love you," she said, enjoying her ice cream. Once she was done, she placed the bowl down and I put it in the sync. She had her arms outstretched, waiting for a piggyback ride back up to my room. She climbed on and I took her up there. She got off once I shut my door and tied her hair up. "I'm going to take a shower," she said, "Wanna join?"