49| Moments

Chapter 49: Moments (Alex's POV)

It was now Saturday and we were all out bowling. Currently, everyone is against Carter and I being on the same team. "How is that fair? You guys all get to be with the people you're into," Carter pouted. 

"Look at how good you guys are!" Connor reasoned. 

"Okay, Hannah, Alex, and I can be on one team. Fair?" Zach said. No one is with their SO's. 

Hannah pulled to their aisle while Zach came over and Carter frowned. "Oh, come on. You know he can't beat me. Last time I played against him, he had to cheat," I teased. He narrowed his eyes at me before grabbing a ball. I arched my eyebrow in amusement while he took the first shot and got a strike. 

I went and took my turn, also getting a strike, allowing myself to get cocky. 

I am winning this time, whatever it takes. 

"Zach! What are you doing?" I threw a fry at him. 

"I can't bowl!" he defended. That's not even defending himself. 

I rolled my eyes before standing up and taking my turn. I knocked all the pins down before looking up at the scoreboard. Carter and I were tied. We had one round left. When Carter stood up for his turn I hopped out of my seat and walked over, standing beside him. 

"What are you doing?" he chuckled, grabbing the ball from my left. 

"Nothing," I shrugged leaning against the machine. He eyed me suspiciously before going over to take his shot. I went and stood beside him, my arms behind my back. As long as I don't touch him, it's not cheating. 

Screw it, he cheated last time. 

I stepped closer and went up on my toes. He stiffened and didn't take his shot. I heard Hannah and Zach murmuring, trying not to laugh. I told them to shut up by putting my finger to my lips before turning back to Carter, biting back my laugh. "Are you not gonna take that shot?" I whispered. 

"I will once you step away," he said. 

"Hmm," I shrugged, remaining in my spot. I don't even think I have to do this, I think he'll falter at one touch. So I stepped back and waited. When he pulled his arm back to swing, my fingers lightly brushed his neck down to his shoulder and he bowled, missing one pin. I chuckled before going and taking my shot. I heard him groan. I grabbed the ball and went over to my aisle. 

He walked over and stood behind me, trying to distract me, his arms around my waist. "Cheater," I mumbled before taking the shot and knocking them all down. I grinned while turning around to face him, smugly. I looked up at the scoreboard. "We win," I shrugged. 

He rolled his eyes with a smile before kissing me. I smiled into the kiss, pulling away moments later. A little later, Hannah, Abby, and I went to go get some snacks. While we were there, I saw Hudson with some of his friends. It looked like he had just gotten here but he wasn't staying, I only saw him giving them each a hug and then leaving. 

"I wonder what that was," Hannah mumbled. 

"Let's find out," Abby shrugged before walking over to them. 

"Ab-" I huffed. 

Pointless. 

I watched as she talked to one of the guys before walking back over. "He's leaving," she shrugged. 

"Leaving?" I asked. 

"Leaving town. They're going to Florida, his dad's job apparently," she replied.