09.

::

Yuri was still sniffling a little after having cried and it made Seungcheol want to cheer her up slightly. "How is it that you look cute even when you're crying?" He asked her playfully, with a smile on his face.

She burst into a small chuckle, looking away, "Gosh, you and your words.  Someday I might actually believe you."

"You don't believe me?"

Yuri turned, "No, of course not. You asked me out on like the second day of meeting me and I dont even know why." She shrugged, "Who knows, maybe you say that to all the girls you meet."

"I'm actually shy," Seungcheol revealed, scratching his forehead. "I don't compliment every girl I meet."

"Ayyyy" she looked at him disbelievingly, "No way." But when he looked down abashedly, "For real? Then why were you all like that around me?"

"All like that? Meaning?"

"You know...." Yuri drawled, "Forward and flirty. Kind of. You looked so confident too." She felt a little bad so she added, "Its all because I didn't know why you would ask out someone like me. And I still don't know!"

Seungcheol smiled, "That's simple. I'll tell you why. You care about the people around you, I saw that the way you passed over a company dinner that excluded your members and came out with us instead. You also came alone and didn't need permission which means you hold a decision making position in your company and aren't bound by rules that most newbies have to follow." He looked at the flowers he'd brought earlier, "You're passionate about your work and aren't a pushover from the way you shrugged off Mingyu. And you didn't answer me right away when I asked you out which means you're really not after my money either."

Yuri was awestruck, "You got all that from one day of meeting me?"

Seungcheol nodded and it interested Yuri more as she asked, "What if I was after your looks then?" She rested her chin over her palm.

"Well, you should be. I don't look half as bad." He shrugged with a smirk, "I'm actually a good catch you know?" His confidence made Yuri laugh. How could he admit that so easily? He clearly knew himself, that was for sure.

"But most of all..." Seungcheol looked her in the eye, his gaze turning honest, "I see a little bit of myself in you. Kind of like you and I are meant to be. Its only a feeling but you seem more genuine than half the girls I've met. And that feeling is enough to risk everything I know."

His serious deep voice and the meaning behind his words made her heart race

His serious deep voice and the meaning behind his words made her heart race. Her ears reddened at his loving gaze, causing her to blush like a child. The realisation behind his words made her want to say the one line she had never said before,

"Seungcheol-ssi, let's go on a date sometime."

::