39.

A/N NEXT CHAPTER IS LAST CHAPTER OOF

Also, I was wrong about GoSe on so many levels xD I guess I have bad instincts too lmao

::

Yuri couldn't sleep in the comfort of her home. She'd closed her eyes, shut out the lights and locked her doors but nothing helped. The fear that someone would come right in, grab her by the neck and strangle her to death kept her awake as the clock continued to tick. Yuri told herself that the fear was simply a mix of chemicals rising about her brain and contained no rational thought. Fantasy ran free within the theories inside her head that were neither true nor possible. Should Yuri clasp her eyes shut and wait for it, she would eventually fall asleep.

But the sleep never arrived. Instead, at twenty past four in the morning, her phone rang on her bedstand and she rolled over immediately, eyes craning to read the name of the caller in the middle of the night.

"Hello?" Yuri picked up the moment she realised it was a call from Cheol.

"Were you sleeping?" His deep voice echoed through the other side of the phone, sounding incredibly attractive in the dark of the night.

"No." Yuri sat up, switching on her bedstand light, "I couldn't sleep."

Cheol smiled knowingly on the other end of the call

Cheol smiled knowingly on the other end of the call. She may have adamantly asked to be dropped off home but something as strong as being abducted from the safety of your home wasn't quite as easy to get over from.

"Do you want to eat ice cream?" Seungcheol asked knowing how to bait her.

"Ice cream?" Yuri asked, confused, checking the time, "It's 4:27 am though. Where would we get ice cream at this time of the night? All the shops must've closed long back."

Seungcheol smiled, "Look out your window."

Yuri grew excited at Seungcheol's words but remained still slightly confused. She rushed to her feet, looking for her slippers as they touched the warm floor, hurriedly walking to the window. Looking just out, Yuri saw Seungcheol waving in the air from outside the main gate, dressed in a casual black hoodie and jeans.

"I brought you your favourite ice cream."

Seungcheol's fond smile touched Yuri's heart. It made her feel warm inside, her fears dissipating into thin air at the sight of him. He frowned just then as he spoke into his phone, "You're not going to let me in?"

"I am. I am." Yuri giggled into her phone as she sprinted downstairs and towards the doors, rushing out of the house in her slippers and without a coat in the cold air to hug him tight.

"Now now, Yuri-yah," Seungcheol's free hand wrapped around her waist. He spoke smiling, loving the feeling of her arms around him, "If you dress up so sexily in front of me, I might be tempted to stay the night."