5| Rescue

Chapter 5: Rescue (Claire's POV)

"Oh, my God. Make it stop, make it stop, make it stop," Flynn groaned. 

I've been chatting my mouth off for the past two hours just so they can tell me to take it off the speaker and I can tell her where I am. Where even am I? I don't know where his house is. 

"You know I know what you're doing, right? You can talk all you want. That phone is not coming off the speaker," Leo said while standing up and walking to the sink behind me, washing his dishes. 

I rolled my eyes at him. "Aesha, I'll talk to you later," I sighed in defeat before hanging up. 

"You made it stop, yes!" Flynn cheered. 

"You can talk to her every day if you'd like. And every day, you'll put that phone on speaker, and I'll be right there listening," he said, standing behind me. 

"You are honestly such a piece of-" 

"Zip it," he demanded. 

I huffed and put my phone on the counter, screen down. He fell into conversation with Flynn and I took my phone and unlocked it. I opened my texts with Aesha, I put my live location in and I was just about to hit send when- 

"Don't try acting smart," he said, locking the phone and putting it in his back pocket. 

"She can come visit!" I whined. 

"And help you get out of here? I don't think so," he shook his head. 

"I would have gotten out by now if I was trying to," I said. He looked at me, waiting for me to continue. "What? You don't think I know the four-digit code your door has? Putting your birthday as the password is very unoriginal, Leo," I said mockingly, remembering when he said that to me when I got here. 

"How do you know my birthday?" He narrowed his eyes at me. 

"You're not the only one that knows how to snoop around in people's rooms. I found your passport. Had your date of birth on it, obviously. I just typed it into the door and it opened. You're lucky I didn't run." 

He glared at me and if looks could kill, I'd be- well, dead. Flynn stared at me, shocked. 

"You even saw me go up there," I nodded at him. 

"I thought you were going up to your room, not snooping around in his," he defended himself. 

"He snooped around in mine first," I shrugged before spinning my barstool to face him. "If I wanted to get out, I'd be out by now," I said while standing up, my face inches away from him. "Goodnight," I sang, leaving my dishes in the sink and skipping up to my room. 

He's born on April 11th. That's exactly three months before mine. 

I went into the bathroom with my pajamas. I changed, washed my face, brushed my teeth, and came back out to see Leo standing at my door, staring at my open window, zoned out. 

"I'm not stupid enough to jump out when the door is downstairs." 

He snapped out of his daze and turned to me while I walked to the desk and grabbed the necklace. "You-" he opened his mouth probably to yell at me but I shoved the necklace in his face. 

"Can you put it on for me?" I asked. 

He huffed with a clenched jaw but took it nonetheless. I turned around and he slipped it on for me, cursing under his breath. 

"Make sure it doesn't fall off, please. I lost it once," I mumbled. 

He sighed before I felt his lips grazing my skin. He probably had to tighten it with his teeth. I ignored the chill that went down the length of my spine and turned around to face him. "Okay, now you can yell at me all you want," I sighed.