23| I hate you

Chapter 23: I hate you (Claire's POV)

I sat on the couch, Aesha sitting between me and Flynn while my leg bounced up and down and I bit my nails out of anxiety. Leo left to go grocery shopping a little past noon, it's currently eight pm and he still isn't home. 

We have no idea where he was and I was horrified at the thought of him going to see Seth again. All we had was a text he sent to Flynn saying he saw Theo. Which only made me more nervous and extremely pissed off because why the hell hasn't he put his number in my phone?! 

"I'm sure he's fine, Claire," Flynn reassured. 

"Did you see the way he came home last night?" 

He sighed in defeat and leaned back, trying to call him again. "He'll be back in no time, Claire," Aesha said, patting my knee. I let out a sigh and leaned back, my anxiety going through the roof. 

The front door beeped and then opened, revealing Leo with grocery bags. "Hey," he said, closing the door and locking it behind him, setting all the bags down. I shot up and walked over to him. "What? I'm fine, he couldn't even touch me," he smirked. 

I hugged him tightly. "I hate you, I hate you, I hate you," I breathed out. 

"I hate you too," he chuckled, hugging me back, slightly rocking us back and forth. 

"Dude, seriously where the hell were you? What the fuck were you doing?" Flynn asked. 

"I was grocery shopping," he shrugged, still not letting me go. 

"With Theo?" Flynn deadpanned. 

I looked up at him while he shook his head. "He came there with some guys, probably followed me. He tried for a long time to get me to say where you were," he looked down at me, "Obviously, I didn't tell him. Then I started asking him about how Seth organized the whole deal with the other guy." 

I was slightly surprised he was trying to get information out rather than punching it out of him. 

"Your dad technically doesn't owe Seth anything. The other guy does. And your dad already paid him off but now nobody knows where he went." 

What the absolute fuck? This guy just took money from my dad, didn't pay the people he owed, and then ran? Leaving his debt for my dad? "How did the debt even go to my dad?" I asked. 

"Apparently, if Theo is telling the truth, the guy told Seth that your dad will be paying his debt off on his behalf. And now, Seth doesn't care. What he wants is his money." 

"So, what do we do?" Aesha asked. 

"I hate to say it, but Seth is right in his place. He needs his back one way or another. We just don't have too much time," Flynn sighed. 

"I don't understand why my dad won't just pay him? It's not like he doesn't have the money," I huffed. 

"It's not about your dad paying him and getting rid of him. Your dad will lose twice as much money as he should have. That's not right," Leo said. 

"I think everyone's safety overpowers the money he has," I argued, "We're all involved. If Seth finds out then-" 

"He won't. I promise," Leo cut me off. 

"Leo-" 

"He won't," he repeated. I sighed in defeat and well all fell into silence. "Right um- I got Taco Bell. Anyone hungry?" Leo asked, holding up the bag. 

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

Flynn locked the door behind him. He was going to drop Aesha back home. I stood up and stretched from my spot on the couch but Leo pulled me right back down. I clicked my tongue in frustration. This is the third time he's doing this.