17| Mission impossible

Chapter 17: Mission impossible (Claire's POV)

Oh my god. 

Oh my god. 

Oh my god, you just walked in on him naked. 

He wasn't naked, he was shirtless. 

Half naked. 

I've seen him like that before though. 

Not when you walk into his room unannounced. 

I leaned against the wall, facepalming. I went, finished my ice cream, brushed my teeth, changed into pajamas, how was he not changed yet? 

I cleared my throat before knocking. The door swung open and I gasped. "Maybe knock next time," he smirked. 

"Maybe," I mumbled. He stepped aside and let me in while I scolded myself. 

Dumbass. 

I sat down on the left side of the bed while he tossed his clothes in the hamper in his bathroom before coming back out. I doubt we're falling asleep any time soon. We should find something to do. 

"Do you have Uno cards?" I asked. 

He looked at me weirdly before answering, "No?" 

I clicked my tongue while thinking of something else. I need to find something to keep me busy. He got in bed beside me and plugged his phone on charge. I was sitting there thinking when he tossed my phone into my lap. I looked up at him, confused. 

"It's your phone. Just don't answer for anyone except Aesha or your dad, okay?" he sighed, looking at me. 

I smiled and took it, placing it on the nightstand beside me. "Okay," I nodded. I've been here for almost three weeks. One more week and it'll be a month. Oh, my gosh, I've been here for almost a month? Whoa. 

I eyed him while he stared off into space. "You talked to my dad about something else, didn't you?" I narrowed my eyes at him. He shook his head. "You're lying," I huffed. 

"Mm-mm," he shook his head, still not looking at me. I poked his side and his head snapped to mine. He didn't even flinch. 

"How the hell are you not ticklish?" I mumbled. 

"Everybody isn't ticklish," he shrugged. 

"How though? I have a seizure every time someone touches me," I said. I poked him a few more times and he didn't even move. It was like he didn't even feel my hand. 

"Now you're just stabbing me," he said without looking at me, texting someone on his phone. 

"I don't get it! Tickling you is like- it's like mission impossible. How do you do it?" I'm awfully fascinated by not getting tickled. 

"Like this," he said before poking me. I jumped and grabbed his hand, pushing it away immediately. 

"Don't even try that again," I warned. 

He chuckled before poking me a few more times. "Stop it!" I shrieked, inching closer to the edge of the bed, him moving closer to me. I would have fallen off if he hadn't pulled me closer when he poked me once again. He shook his head while chuckling before sitting back in his spot. He had to be ticklish somewhere. I'll find the spot, don't you worry. "I was gonna fall, you idiot!" I smacked his arm. 

"I wouldn't have let you fall," he rolled his eyes. 

"You-" 

"I wouldn't have let you fall. I'm here to keep you safe, remember?" he smirked.