22| Hilarious

Chapter 22: Hilarious (Claire's POV)

I woke up the next morning and his hand wasn't holding mine. He was holding me

That's when I realized how similar we were when it came to other people. We hate people, we hate getting attached, he has a cold exterior to push them away, I stay friendly but that's as far as I go. Then there are the exceptions. When I get attached to someone I don't let go. And I start ignoring their mistakes. He just doesn't let go. He would kill to keep someone he gets too attached to. 

I spun around and faced him, brushing his hair out of his eyes. He stirred but didn't wake up. "Hello," I tapped his forehead with my finger. He hummed but kept his eyes closed. "Wakey, wakey," I sang. His grip tightened on me and he pulled me closer. "The other two are probably awake," I whispered. 

He clicked his tongue in frustration before rubbing his eyes open. He grabbed my face and turned it the other way before pressing a few kisses to my cheek. 

I laughed while pulling away from him and crawling out of the bed. "Get up, let's go!" I laughed while walking to his door. He reached out and grabbed my wrist, pulling me back down. 

Here we go. 

"Leo, get out of bed," I mumbled. I was lying on top of him. His eyes were closed with his arms around my waist while I ran my hand through his hair, resting my head on his chest. 

"Mm-mm," he shook his head, keeping his eyes closed. 

"Wake up," I sang, lightly tracing the outline of his face and his eyebrows. 

"Mm-mm," he repeated. 

I hugged him for a minute and gave him a few kisses on the cheek as he gave to me before pulling myself up. "Come on," I patted his chest. 

He unwillingly let me go and sat up. On cue, his phone rang. "You know you can call her now, right Jack?" he sighed. 

I laughed while leaving his room and going to mine. I brushed my teeth and washed my face, keeping my pajamas on before opening the door. He opened his door at the same time and smirked at me. I rolled my eyes and followed him downstairs where Flynn and Aesha were already in the kitchen. 

Flynn was cooking, as he should because Aesha can't cook for shit, but she was sitting there talking to him while watching. "Hello," I sang, sitting beside her. Leo walked behind me to get to the other side, poking me on the way. I jumped but he was already on the other side by then. 

He sat opposite to me, his water bottle in his hand. I shook my head at him before rolling my eyes. He continued smirking at me like the little arrogant shit he is. 

"What is going on with you two?" 

We both turned to Aesha. "Nothing," we said in sync. 

She narrowed her eyes at us before she laughed. "You kissed." 

"No," we said quickly. 

"Oh, shove it!" she exclaimed, "I can read you better than an open book, Claire." I scratched the back of my head, tucking my hair behind my ear. "Aww," she taunted, "Puppy fucking love," she said mockingly. 

"Shut up," I rolled my eyes at her while Flynn sat down. 

"Claire," he cleared his throat, "Have you kissed him yet?" he arched an eyebrow at me. 

I flipped him off. "Why am I the one getting attacked? He's the one that kissed me," I mumbled. He facepalmed sitting in front of me before looking up and glaring at me. I grinned at him. "Mwah!" I blew him a kiss. I laughed while they started interrogating him. Flynn slid my plate over to me and I ate while enjoying the show.