20| Scared

Chapter 20: Scared (Leo's POV)

I got in the car and sped off immediately after getting showered and dressed. I had to do this. It's for her sake. After about a twenty-minute drive, I finally got there. I was doing possibly the most stupid thing I've ever done and I was doing it for her. 

This is the one place my dad told me never to come to, and here I am. I walked in and saw a girl, not too much older than me, sitting at the front desk. 

"Hello," she smirked, her chest on pretty much full display. 

"I'm looking for Seth Cavanaugh." 

Her smile fell and she sobered up. "Mr. Cavanaugh? A-are you sure?" You could hear the fear in her voice. 

"Yes." 

"Your name?" Is she really going to do the whole 'call and check before I send you in' thing? 

"Leo Jackson." She paled even more. I'm not that scared of him, just of the number of people working under him. It's a good thing the people working for him are scared of me then. 

"The last door to the right," she instructed. I let out a breath before opening the door. 

He looked up, dispersing the man that was there, making a deal with him. "Leo Jackson," he said with a sinister smile. "Have a seat." 

I sat down and looked straight at him. "I have an offer for you." 

His eyebrows shot up in surprise. He laughed, "After everything I did? After all the lessons your dad taught you? I'm the person you want to make a deal with?" 

"I'm not here to gamble." 

"I'm intrigued." 

I rolled my eyes. "Jack Brookes owes you." 

He nodded, "Five hundred thousand dollars, yes." 

Jesus fuck, that's a lot of money. 

"I want you to spare his debt. The debt that's wrongfully his." 

"Wrongfully? There's nothing wrong about this," he scoffed. 

"You gave that money to another man. That man should be the one paying you. Brookes already paid the man he got the money from. It was that man's job to pay his debt to you." 

"I don't care what he did with the money, I care about whether it's coming back. And if it's not... you already know what happens." 

I clenched and unclenched my fist. "I want you to spare his debt," I repeated. He laughed humorlessly. "Spare it," I said through gritted teeth, "And I'll pay for it." 

His eyes lit up and he grimaced. "You will owe me?" he asked. 

"If you spare his debt." 

He eyed me warily for a long time. "Why?" he questioned. 

"Because he has Claire." 

I rolled my eyes. Of course, he's here. Following his little uncle around. "Does this little fuck face really have to be here?" I asked, glancing at Theo. 

He glared at me while Seth spoke directly to me. "Is that where she's been hiding? With you?" 

I scoffed, "You think I'm here because of a girl?" 

He's damn right. 

"I don't know where she is. But my father owes Brookes a lot. Jack helped him and now he's not doing anything. So I am. As for his daughter," I paused.