7// The Ritual Begins

I was shocked when Mr

I was shocked when Mr. Bajaj told the little boy that he would help him because he didn't seem like a person who could help anyone without any reason. However, he proved me wrong when he not only admitted the poor lady to the hospital but also paid for her treatment. He also ordered someone to rent a nice place for the lady and her son, also asked to give her work in his factory in Delhi. When I asked about the expenses, he said that he would be the one to take care of everything. I got to know that the little boy's name is Krishna so I gave him my number to contact me whenever he wants.

It's already one week since that incident and today is our engagement. Everyone is busy getting ready as we have to leave for the venue in one hour. I have worn my mom's saree and jewelry for the occasion which brings tears to my eyes because I am terribly missing her. But I know that my mom's blessing is always with me.

"You are looking like your mother Ishu

"You are looking like your mother Ishu." Kaki comments while putting a black tika behind my right ear. I smile at her and hug her.

"Come on let's go. Everyone is waiting for you." Roshni bhabhi says and we start to walk downstairs where other family members are waiting. Everyone has big smiles on their faces showing their happiness but my Papa's eyes are a little teary so I go to him and hug him. He kisses my forehead and hugs me tightly.

"My gudiya has gotten so big that she is going to start her new life, haa? I am happy for you beta. You are going to a very nice family who knows your value." He tells me with confidence.

"But no one will ever love me like you do Papa. You are my everything." I reply.

"We will be late if we don't go now Bhaiya." Phui says from behind making me look at her with a pout.

"You know, I can still spank you right?" Phui asks while arching a brow at me. Everyone laughs except me because she is the only one whom I scare of.

Soon enough we are on the way to the venue where the engagement will be held. Dada and Dadi wanted to do the ritual at home but Papa said that we don't have much room to invite so many people. That's why Gautam bhaiya has booked a five-star hotel for the engagement ceremony. I am mesmerized by all the decorations that have been done in the hall where the ceremony will be done.