12//Past Is Forgotten

"Don't worry maa, I have taken everything necessary with me

"Don't worry maa, I have taken everything necessary with me. You just concentrate on your and dad's health. By the way, I have put your medicines in the top drawer of the nightstand on the left side, and on the right side, there is dad's medicine. So, that you don't get confused." I explain in a hurry because Rudra is waiting outside the house and if I don't go out soon he will throw a hissy fit. Yes, I am not saying anything wrong. He doesn't like to wait so if we ever have to go somewhere with him, we try to get ready in time.

"I will take care of myself and your dad. But you have to promise me that you will not skip your meals. Because you have a habit of neglecting yourself by getting engrossed in your studies." Maa replies making me smile. She is the best mother-in-law in the world and I can't be more thankful to have such great in-laws.

"Okay, I will remember everything you are saying." I let out before hugging her. I turn towards dad who is looking sad and I know why. He doesn't want me to leave because he told me that it doesn't feel good without me. I go near him before bending down to touch his feet to take his blessing. But he stops me to do that and put a gentle kiss on the top of my head.

"You are my daughter and I don't want my daughter to touch my feet. My blessing is already with you so just take care of yourself and come back soon." Dad says while Lakshya bhaiya chuckle from the side.

"Dad, bhabhi to abhi tak ghar se nikal bhi nahi payi aur aap unhe wapas aane ko keh rahe ho." Dad rolls his eyes hearing Lakshya bhaiya's words.

("Sister-in-law has not even been able to get out of the house and you are asking her to come back.")

"Ishita, hurry up or it will be too late to catch our flight." Rudra yells making my eyes widen because for a few seconds I have forgotten about him.

"Bye everyone. I will call you after we lend in Delhi airport." I let out before getting out of the house. I notice that Rudra is already sitting in the back seat, so without wasting more time I sit beside him. I wave my hand towards maa, dad, and Lakshya bhaiya who are standing outside the house.

Throughout the ride to the airport, Rudra keeps working on his laptop. I try to talk to him but he barely answers me so I stop asking anything. Soon the car stops in front of the airport and after completing all the procedures we get to board the plane.
I am still not over my anxiety about flights so I don't know what I will do this time. But suddenly I feel a rough palm on the back of my hand making me turn my head to see that Rudra is giving me an assuring smile. I bit my lip and dip my head down not wanting him to see my blushing cheeks.

••••••••••

"Welcome princess." Papa says after I get out of the car and give him a big hug. I am surprised to see no one outside the house except him because everyone knows that I am coming.

"I have missed you, papa." I tell him with a sigh.

"Same here baby girl. Come on let's get inside." He replies after pulling away from the hug. Then he looks at Rudra who is standing at some distance.