15//Nightmares

I wasn't planning to surprise Ishita but when I came back I got to know that all the ladies had gone on a shopping trip

I wasn't planning to surprise Ishita but when I came back I got to know that all the ladies had gone on a shopping trip. So, I was just casually resting in the bedroom when I heard the multiple voices downstairs. That's when I got the idea to surprise her.

But I think the idea is not good because the raw fear in her eyes is making me want to scold myself. I pull my hand away before taking her face in my hands.

"Hey, calm down. It's me Rudra." I tell her but she keeps breathing heavily.

"Ishita what's wrong? I was just trying to surprise you. I am sorry if you got scared." I try to console her but she still hasn't stopped shaking.

She is also silently crying which is making the situation more worse. So, I wrap one of my arms around her waist and the one behind her neck before pulling her for a comforting hug.

I start to whisper soothing words to her while threading my fingers through her hair. After a few minutes, I feel her getting comfortable because she also wraps her hands around me.

"Please forgive me. I didn't know that you would get so scared." I let out with a sigh.

"Don't need to say sorry. I wasn't expecting anyone in my room so when you grabbed me from behind it got me scared." She replies before pulling away from the hug.

"Are you okay now?" I ask tucking a stray hair behind her ear.

"Umm, I am okay. Just need to wash my face to feel better." She replies not looking at my eyes and walk inside the washroom leaving me in thinking about her sudden reaction.

I know anyone could have gotten scared if someone grabbed them from behind but the fear in her eyes is telling me something else. As if she is scared of something else, something so cruel that has left her scarred for a lifetime.

This is the first time I have seen her like this and I am not able to get that fearful look out of my mind. However, for now I need to calm down and handle the situation as gently as possible.

She comes out of the washroom after some time and gives me a small smile. But the smile doesn't reach her eyes and that only confirms my suspicions.

"When did you come?" She asks while picking up the shopping bags from the floor.

"One hour ago and got to know that you were not home." I answer sitting down on the bed.

"You didn't tell me that you would be here before the estimated time or I would have been here waiting for you." She replies.

"Ishita, have you seen my-" mom stops in the mid-sentence when she notices me.

"What are you doing here, Rudra?" She asks coming inside the room while I get up from the bed to hug her.

"My work was completed before time so I thought to come back soon," I reply.

"But you were going to come back in Mumbai then why the sudden change of plans?" She asks signaling towards Ishita.