16// Not alone anymore

It's already been one week since the nightmare incident and I am still avoiding talking to Rudra

It's already been one week since the nightmare incident and I am still avoiding talking to Rudra. Maa, dad and he has gone back to Mumbai but I am staying in Delhi for some more days as I don't want to answer any of their questions.

I understand that I should tell them everything, especially Rudra. Yet, I am scared to recall the most horrible part of my life. So, I am going to wait for the correct time, and then I will reveal everything.

Everything aside, I have gotten a job offer and that also from Soniya. She needs an editor for her weekly magazine so she has asked if I want to do the job and of course I have told her yes.

I have asked Lakshya bhaiya to see if I can do online classes instead of going to college. He has told me that he will talk to the principal and arrange everything soon.

Everyone is pleased after hearing the news. But I want to know Rudra's response about me accepting the job offer as he was the first person to support my idea of doing a part-time job.

With that thought in mind, I dial his number. However, he doesn't receive my call which makes me a little sad.

Is he very angry with me for not talking to him? But he should understand that I was just not in my correct sense.

Again, I dial his number and this time too he doesn't pick up my call.

I throw my phone on the bed before sitting down on the floor with a huff. I hear the door being opened but don't look up to see who it is.

"What happened?" Roshni bhabhi asks sitting beside me on the floor.

"Nothing." I reply with a pout.

"Then why the long face my dear sister-in-law?" She asks.

"I don't want to talk about it." I reply.

"Okay, I will tell Rudra that you are upset with him." My head snaps towards her in an instant to see that she is smiling mischievously.

"Bhabhi! Why are you pulling my leg?" I let out with a fake cry.

"Oh, my drama queen. Stop throwing tantrums and call him asap. I don't get it, when you can't stay without talking to him then why try to pretend that? I understand that you are hesitant to tell him everything. But you need to remember that he is not an outsider, he is your husband." She explains while taking my hand in her.

"But what if he leaves me after learning everything?" I voice out my fear.

"Your brother asked him the same question and you know what he has replied?" She says in which I shake my head.

"He has replied that he is not someone who runs away from his promise. He has promised Papa to keep you safe and sound so no amount of nightmare can make him break his promise. He has also said that you are his wife and your well-being is utmost priority." I can feel my eyes moisten but I gulp before tears can make their way out of my eyes.