Chapter 4

"Are you ready to see the alpha?" Anthony questioned as he hovered over me. At the moment I was pulling on my royal garments which consisted of my scarlet red v-neck backless chiffon evening gown paired with my white gladiator sandals that stopped just below my knees.

"Yes, Anthony." I sighed. After what happened between Oliver and I in the meadow the other week, Anthony has not let me out of his sight. Oscar and his big mouth let it slip that Oliver and I kissed. Now everywhere I went, he went. If I went out for a fly, he was following close behind, if I went into town to socialize, he followed. He was like my shadow, only worse.

I glanced over at Anthony, he was dressed in his usual all black suit with black loafers. Anthony's short navy blue hair was slicked back with gel revealing his deep brown eyes and stern expression. His looks were not the only thing that made the women swoon, it was also his strength, his natural ability to protect, and I'd be lying if I didn't say that his body was on point.

Anthony held the front door open for me. I walked though followed by Tiffany, Oscar, and Madelyn. I glanced over to where Oliver has been staying, I hadn't seen him since that time at the meadow. I watched with longing, wanting nothing more than to see him, all this time away from him was doing something to me. I was still struggling to place these unknown feelings, and unfortunately there was not anyone that I could turn to for help.

As we walked to the pack house we were quiet. Tiffany and I still hadn't spoken to each other, Madeyn had become unusually quiet, and Oscar was starting to have mate withdrawals which were common with dragons if we did not mate within a certain time period of marking and claiming our mates. Mate withdrawals were characterized by increased temper, excessive sweating, and lack of control of emotions. So it was best that we reduced interaction with him to keep him sane.

"Your highness, this way." Jacksons beta, Mark, called from the entrance of the pack house. We entered the pack house and the scent hit me, cinnamon. As we walked through the pack house the scent got stronger, as well as the increased volume of raised voices.

"You're the one that brought me here! I was perfectly fine staying with mom." I heard the nervous voice.

"Do I look like I want you here? If anyone were to find out about you it'd be the end of me!" The voice I could only describe as Jackson's voice bellowed.

"Just let me leave! I won't show my face ever again!" The other voice rose, the nervousness gone and filled with annoyance.

"I was told you have run into the dragon queen, stay away from her." Jackson growled. I raised an eyebrow, could he have been talking to Oliver?

"I would if my wolf would let me....she's my mate." Mark knocked on the door quieting the voices.

"Alpha, the queen is here." Jackson grunted a 'come in' from inside the office. Mark opened the door allowing my entourage and I to enter the office. Oliver was off leaning in the corner, his eyes cast downward and arms crossed.

"Your highness, I'm sorry it took so long for us to have this meeting. Please, have a seat." Jackson held his hand out motioning towards the armchair across from his desk. I took my seat crossing my legs, out of the corner of my eye I caught Oliver watching me, his eyes zeroed in on my legs. I smirk and adjust to sit comfortably with my wings.

"So, have you thought about it? Please keep in mind that if you leave this alliance you will have no allies. I'm sure the rogues and other alphas are more than willing to take you down." I smirked as he squirmed in his seat.

"I am sure. My pack has been training hard and I believe that we will be fine without your assistance." Jackson gave me a smug look. I sighed and leaned forward in my seat.

" I want something in return." I smile sweetly at him.

"Something in return? What would that be exactly? You don't hold any power in the wolf community so it's not like you'll benefit getting anything from me." Jackson burst into laughter. I hated when these overconfident alphas underestimated me.

"You're not the only alpha I have an alliance with. I can, and will, have them take over your pack. Now, what's it going to be?" Jackson paled, what I never tell these alphas is that I have an alliance with each pack surrounding my kingdom.

"Fine..." he sighed, running a hand through his hair. " What do you want?" I kept quiet for a second, I already knew what I wanted.

"Him." I pointed at Oliver. His head shot up, shock written all over his face.

"The rogue? What'll he do for you? He's practically useless." Jackson scoffed.

"Take it or leave it." I taunted. Jackson looked over at Oliver and glared. Jackson nodded.

"Take him. I want you off my lands before tomorrow." Jackson growled at Oliver.

"Our stuff is packed and waiting in the vans outside, your highness." Oscar spoke. I nodded and stood from my seat.

"Thank you for having us Jackson. We will be taking our leave now, the remaining guard I have stationed here will be gone by the morning." I turned and nodded towards Oliver, Madelyn and Tiffany walked over to him and guided him out of the door.

We made our way through the pack house and out to the waiting vans. Madelyn and Tiffany were stationed next to my van with Oliver standing between them.

"He can go in my van." I stated simply. Anthony grumbled incoherently behind me, as if he did not want Oliver anywhere near me.

"What do you plan on doing with him?" Oscar asked from beside me.

"I'll keep him with me in the castle until I've figured out what to do with him. He'll be kept a secret until further notice." I informed them all, giving them a no nonsense look. They each nodded, with an exception of Anthony who growled then nodded.

"Oscar, you're driving us back. Anthony you are driving Madelyn and Tiffany." After giving them the instructions I took Oliver's hand and led him to my van. I slip inside and he follows closely after. I pushed the button putting up the soundproof privacy shield I had specially installed in case Anthony were to irritate me more than usual. Once the shield was fully upI turned to Oliver and smiled.

"What am I doing here, your highness?" Oliver gave me a confused look. What was I supposed to tell him? After taking a second to think things over I looked up into his eyes.

"I have some use for you back in my kingdom. You are mateless and packless if I remember correctly?" I asked leaning back in my seat.

"Packless, yes." I quirked an eyebrow at him.

"What about your mate?" I asked. He shifted uncomfortably in his seat.

"I'm still trying to figure that one out. But, what use could I be to you?" he asked, completely avoiding my question.

"I'll decide once we arrive back. Now, I recommend you get some sleep as it will be a long ride home." I suggested turning away from him and closed my eyes. The ride would not be long, but I'm sure he'll need as much energy as possible to deal with the upcoming commotion.