Chapter 2: how do I know you?

-Crime Scene-
"Newbie, I'm guessing you've seen a crime scene before, right?" Her new boss asked as she and McGee got out of the back of the truck, her struggling to get her legs to cooperate.
"Ok, listen up and listen good. I've got a name, and newbie is not that. Got it? And yes, I've seen a crime scene before; I am a former KSP detective after all" She said with a glare before she turned and caught up with Tony and McGee, both of them looking shocked.
"Woah, even I haven't gotten the nerve to do that..." Tony commented. She kept her mouth shut throughout the initial investigation, just did as she was told when she was told to do it. The medical examiner showed up a few minutes after she finished with the pictures of the scene.
"Afternoon, Jethro...Anthony...Timothy..." he stopped when he got to her. "And, I don't believe I've had the pleasure"
"Ducky, this is Grace Williams, she was a detective with Kentucky State Police" Gibbs said as introductions. "Grace, this is Dr. Mallard, but we call him Ducky"
"Nice to meet you, Doctor" Grace replied.
"Please, my dear, call me Ducky" he countered with a smile. 'Finally, someone with some manners' she thought to herself, then another thought came to mind. 'Wait...Jethro? Why does that name sound so familiar to me?' She pushed it to the back of her mind for the time being. Ducky came in and gave his preliminary results and took the body back to headquarters for the autopsy, the rest of the team not far behind.
-grace's apartment; that night/early morning-
Grace was sleeping fine until she had a dream...actually, more like a repressed memory. She woke with a jolt after a while of this happening.
"What on earth..." she said to herself as she got woken up and fought to get what she saw out of her head. She got up and splashed some water on her face and looked at the clock-almost time for her to get up anyways. She sighed and got dressed and went downstairs to her kitchen and saw none other than...
"Gibbs? May I ask why you're in my house?" She asked, hand on her hip. "And how you even knew where I lived?"
"I read your personnel file, Williams. It's not that complicated" he replied.
"Okay, but that doesn't answer my other question - why are you here?" She asked. He stood up and took a step toward her.
"You don't remember me, do you?" He asked.
"Should I?" She asked, starting to get a little nervous, trying to think about where she'd seen him before. Then, it hit her, but she didn't say anything.
"Think back...about 5 months ago..." he started to explain, but was still very vague. "You'd just found out something and went out with a friend to talk about it..." she was looking everywhere else but at him as he continued to get closer to her. Every step he'd take forward, she'd take a step backwards.
*flashback*
Grace was sitting in a bar with a friend of hers, talking about the result of some testing she'd had done. Someone tapped her on the shoulder behind her. She turned and saw a guy a year older than her, and he had an aura of menace.
"Dance?"
"No thank you, sir. I don't dance" she said and turned back around, only to be turned back around.
"Come on, don't be a stick in the mud." He persisted.
"Please, let go of me. I'm not in the mood to dance." She said again, trying to free her arm, but with each attempt, his hand got tighter around her arm.
"Hey. I think she is saying no to you" a new voice said behind them, then the guy was pulled off of her. "Now, I'd suggest you leave her be" the person said, and the guy finally got the message. Then, the person turned to her and got into the light-an older man, but certainly not unattractive. "You alright?"
"Yeah, I am. Thank you, Mr..."
"Special agent Gibbs, NCIS" he said, showing his badge. She got hers out as well.
"Detective Grace Williams, KSP." Then, Gibbs talked to her about a case he was working and she said she'd help where she could. He got a card out of his shirt pocket.
"You think of anything else, you call me" she nodded in reply and watched as he walked away.
*flashback over*
"Yes, now I remember you. Why do I get the feeling that you're the reason why I got hired on at NCIS?" She asked after a few moments.
"Good detective work, agent. I see why you were head detective" he replied.
"But, why me? There were a lot of other detectives with KSP" she stated, feeling kind of small confidence wise.
"When you introduced yourself as detective that night, I knew there was something about you that I didn't see in the other detectives. They weren't as...open as you are" he said.
"I see..." she replied.
"So, answer me this - what was it that you were meeting your friend about?" He asked, and she straightened up and her eyes got wide. She wanted to say something, but she couldn't form the words.
"Did you not get my latest physical from my personnel file?" she countered. He held up a folder in reply.
"Got it right here, just haven't looked at it yet. I was going to see what you wanted to tell me about it first."
"Well, feel free to look at it, Gibbs. I'd rather not go back down that road again."