Chapter 18: Remember, Gibbs! - final part (part 3)

-a few days later-
She hadn't gotten anywhere with Gibbs and was starting to get frustrated.  One night, she decided enough was enough.  She was standing up and facing the window when she heard him speak.
"Why are you here?"
"What do you mean why am I here?"
"You're the only one who's stayed here the whole time I've been here.  Who are you, anyways?" He asked, and she just shook her head. 
"You hired me not long before the holiday season"
"Since when do they have female NCIS agents?"
"Sexism aside..." she said, glaring at him.  He glared back at her and it sparked an idea, but it was going to break her heart to have to do it.  "I know what happened to you.  You told me about it.  You may not remember that, but I do" the glare intensified.  "How do you not remember that glare?" She asked, and he stood up, facing her.
"What are you talking about?!" He nearly yelled.  He was almost there, she could feel it.  So, in her final act of courage of the night, she picked up his hand and made him hit her lightly on the side of her head.  Then, it looked like memories were flooding back to him.  He started to waver, but she held him steady.
"Hey, easy..." she said softly and waited a moment for him to stabilize.  "You okay, Gibbs?" She asked. 
"...we work together..."
"Yes..." She whispered, hoping but not getting her hopes up.  She watched as more memories seemed to come back.
"...the holiday season...the shooting..." he continued, and she nodded.  He placed an arm around her waist.  He smiled at her and tears started welling up in her eyes - he was back.  He hugged her close to him, and she put her hands over her face as her emotions took over. 
"I thought you'd never remember" she said softly.  She felt him run his fingers through her hair a few times. 
"As if you'd be easy to forget" he replied.  They both sat down on the bed.
"So, do you remember now?" She asked, disappointed at hearing the desperate hope in her voice, sounding like a little girl.
"I don't know, I may need to be reminded of one thing..." he said, pulling her close to him again.  She was about to ask what it was when he kissed her.  She responded to it almost eagerly.  They were so caught up each other, they didn't hear the door open. 
"Well, maybe you all should have a sign up, or one of those little hotel door hangers." They both heard someone say and pulled away from each other.
"Mike...great timing as always..." Gibbs said casting a sideways glance at Grace again. 
"Hey, don't mind me, I was just comin to see how you were, and it looks to me like things are back to normal."
"Yeah, except for one thing: Grace, this is my old boss, Mike Franks.  Mike, this is special agent Grace Williams, our newest probee"
"Thanks for the introduction, but we already know each other.  Mike is an old friend of the family"
"Small world..." Gibbs remarked.
"Yeah, that it is.  Well, I'll leave you to it...you two take care, now" Franks said as he left the room.  Gibbs stood up and went to the door, moving the room curtains around and blocking the view of the door. 
"Now, where exactly were we?" Grace asked when he got back to her.  He then proceeded to show her, in no uncertain terms, where they were going from there.