Chapter 28: you're what?

-about 3 weeks later-
It was a great honeymoon, but soon it was back to reality.  Things for the team, and for Gibbs and Grace personally, things are going to change in a big way...
It started out with her just being really tired.  Not sick, just tired.  It was really strange because she was always full of energy.  She thought she was coming down with the flu and decided to stay home for a day or two.  But, she didn't get any better.  She tried to think of what it could be...then one morning it hit her.  She got up and looked at her calendar, and sure enough...she was late.  At first she didn't freak out about it - that wasn't anything new. 
Then, she started having more noticeable symptoms - the sickness came next and that was what got her really thinking 'could that really be it?' One morning, she couldn't hide her illness from Gibbs anymore. 
"You okay?" He asked her when he saw how pale she was. 
"I think I need to go to the doctor.  I'll call and make an appointment" she made a call later that day and was able to get in that evening.  At the doctors office, they did the regular exams along with a rapid pregnancy test.  When the results came back, the doctor came in the room.
"Well, it looks like you were right, Mrs. Gibbs.  You are pregnant."
"...any idea how long?"
"We won't be able to determine that until we get an ultrasound.  As you leave you can make an appointment for that and a follow up with your OBGYN" the doctor replied.  Grace thanked her and left after getting everything scheduled.  On the way back home, she got a call from Mackenzie.
"Hey, Tony told me you went to the doctor.  Everything alright?"
"Yeah, everything is fine.  Tell him I'll probably be there...wait a minute - are you two together?"
"Maybe..."
"I should have known...well, I'm happy for you.  Like I said, tell him I'll be at work tomorrow."
"Okay, I can do that"
-back home-
Gibbs was pacing the floor, worried, when she walked in.
"Hey.  How was the appointment?" Was the first thing out of his mouth as he led her to the couch.
"It went okay...it actually went better than expected..." she replied. 
"So, you're fine?"
"Well, why don't you take a look for yourself" she replied, handing him the results of the tests.  He looked at them slowly, his eyes stopping on the word.
"Pregnant?" He asked, looking at her.  She nodded, and he looked at the paperwork again.
"I have an appointment in 3 days for an ultrasound and a follow up to see for sure how far along I am" she replied.  He was silent for a while.  "Jethro? You okay?"
"I'm better than okay, I'm great!" He exclaimed, hugging her.  "We're having a baby"
"Yeah, we are" she replied, hugging him.