|32|

Omniscient

AG walked out of the elevator and heard someone call her name. She turned around and saw it was Maggie, Billie's mother. "He-" AG was cut off when Maggie pulled her into a hug.

"I'm so confused." AG accidentally said her thoughts out loud. "Why would you be confused?" Maggie asked.

"If I'm being entirely honest, I kind of thought you guys would hate me?" AG tilted her head.

"Let's take a little walk." Maggie said, AG nodded and together, the two walked outside, "I kind of thought I'd be angry, Patrick and Finneas thought they'd be angry. I think we were just all confused. I mean, it's you. You wouldn't even hurt a fly, what happened, what suddenly changed, you know?"

"Yeah, I understand," AG nodded. "Sometimes, I wonder what the hell happened too." She laughed. "I heard it was your coach." Maggie looked up.

"That is true, but it's not completely on him I entertained it though. I don't know why I just didn't say no. That's just the recurring question that always come up."

"I am so sorry something like that happened."

"I should be the one apologizing, I hit Billie. I'm not sure what the hell got into me, I'm sorry." AG fiddled with her fingers. "Billie's the baby in our family, if she's not happy, she'll make sure no one else is happy until she is. If her being with you is what makes her truly happy. We're fine with that."

After a while of AG not saying anything, Maggie asked her what was it that was wrong. "My mom said she got a phone call from my doctor. Since I didn't want to get the tumor retracted until after the game, my doctor gave me some pills to keep me fine until I get back from the game, the thing is the pills aren't working," AG started and Maggie nodded.

"According to the doctor, when things like that happen, the tumor uh- might be terminal? They need to run more tests."

"You're going to die from it?"

"Don't know, need the test results. If it is, the most I have is a year."

"Oh goodness, I'm so sorry. How's- how is Vanessa taking all of this?"

"I don't know, haven't seen her. She called me to tell me the news, she sounded upset of course. I just don't know how to tell Billie. She hasn't been feeling like herself lately, I don't want to make it worse."

"Just tell her AG, you guy's relationship have been through so much, the last thing the both of you need is hiding things from each other. We know for sure that she won't take it well, but it's better for her knowing than with no explanation."

"You're right-" AG was cut off by her phone ringing, she excused herself and picked up the phone hearing Billie's voice.

"Where are you?" Billie asked. "I'm just outside, how you feeling?"

"I'm cold, come back." Billie rasped. "Okay, I'm on my way."

AG ended the phone call and walked back to Maggie telling her Billie was awake and she had to go back to the room. They said their goodbyes and AG made her way back to the hotel room and opened the door seeing Billie under the blankets.

She sat by Billie on the side of the bed, Billie's hand creeping out to grab AG's hand. "Are you cold?"

"Nope, I'm sweating under this." Billie muttered under the blanket. "I thought you said you were co- why do you have this big thing on top of you?" AG asked.

"I like torturing myself." Billie whispered, "Uh-what?" AG asked, confused about Billie's answer. Billie sat up, the blanket falling onto her lap. "Hey, you look better." AG smiled.