Ferris Wheel.

Thursday

The week was harder on the boys since Ukai wasn't generous when it came to practices. There is only a month's time before school started once again, so everything was pretty crunched up.

Ukai and Takeda got along pretty well but every now and again, they would disagree on something, though Ukai always ended up agreeing with Takeda.

The boys increased in technical skill by Thursday.

You walked into the gym room as normal. Everything was the same as it always was while the boys did their stretches. You noticed that Yamaguchi looked lonelier than usual. He stood alone but other than that, he was fine.

You sat down and took role call on your clipboard. Looking up and down at the clipboard and to the boys, you realized that you couldn't find the middle blocker with blonde hair.

"Yamaguchi! Wheres Tsukishima?" You asked him from across the room.

"He's at the doctor getting his hand checked so he can play again." Yama smiled softly at you. You nodded your head as you crossed Tsukki off the list off the present column.

You looked over to Ukai and his expressions were sour.

"Ukai-sensei, what's wrong?" You asked, in the process taking him out of his thoughts.

"Hm? Oh." He looked at you and back at the ground. It was obvious that he was grumpy, but why?

"Tsukishima seems lazy doesn't he?" Ukai asked.

"Oh... Yeah, he's lazy but he's a good player." You assured him before taking the rest of the boy's role.

"Yeah, buts it always excuses after excuse with him. It's like he doesn't even want to play." Ukai continued.

"Half of his fingernail was ripped off?! What do you mean excuses?!" You quickly defended Tsukishima.

"If I was in his shoes, I would want to be back on the court as soon as possible. I just feel that he should care more about the sport." Ukai said as he stared at the empty spot on the bench.

"I don't mean to be rude Ukai-Sensei, but you have no right in thinking these things. If I weren't to quite literally shove you into this gym room, you wouldn't even look back on volleyball without a second thought. Tsukishima is at the doctor trying to get cleared just so he can get back on the court. I don't think anyone has the right to talk down on him. He's lazy, rude, sarcastic and all but he gets the job done. He is a great middle blocker with the persistence of a dog and the shield of steel around his pride, and those come in handy at the right times. Please do not down talk him until you see him play in a real game." You got clearly heated at Ukai for thinking so little of Tsukki. You even noticed that everyone had stopped what they were doing and started to listen in on the conversation. 

"She's right. Most of us don't like him very much but he's a strong and persistent middle blocker!!" Hinata joined.

"He's... nuff- Knife- Nice at volleyball I guess." Kageyama stuttered.

"He's completely resistant to any kind of hate we might experience on the court, that's hard to do." Daichi nodded.

"Tsukki is a good friend once you get to know him!" Yamaguchi pouted.

"I see..." Ukai rubbed his chin before getting up.

"He's plain annoying but I would much prefer him on our side of the net than the other!" Tanaka growled honestly.

"Yeah he's mean and freakishly tall but we wouldn't replace him!" Noya joined as everyone had done the same.

'If Tsukki could hear this... I'm not sure how he would react.' You thought.