Muffins

(Time Skip, first day back to school after break.)

You made your way down the hallways of Karasuno. You walked alone as you put your headphones in and started to hum the song.

After a couple of turns, you arrived at your classroom door. You walked through the frame just seconds before the bell rang as usual.

"You're late, Sugawara-San." Your teacher stood up to close the door.

"No, I'm not." You shrugged. You sat down at your desk without glancing at the blondie who sat behind you. You swung your hair behind your shoulder before laying your head on your desk.

You kept one Airpod in your ear as your teacher started the lesson.

"Small fry here has some attitude this morning." You heard Tsukishima tease from behind you.

"Only for you." You looked back and smirked. Tsukki looked down and saw your hand behind you back, flashing him a certain finger. He smirked and kicked your seat in response. You bounced up from his kick and smiled as you always enjoyed your little bickers.

______

"Sugawara-San, pay attention." Your teacher got on to you. You lifted your eyes off the window and glanced at your teacher before looking back outside.

"Do not ignore me!" Your teacher snapped.

"Sorry, it's just that I know all of this already." You yawned.

"What? You still have things you need to learn about the English language." She walked up to your desk.

"I lived in America for a while when I lived with my grandpa. He liked the women's teams over there, so we traveled a lot." You spoke truly. She leaned down and pointed to your textbook. "Please read this in perfect English."

"Sally sold seashells by the seashore." You spoke perfectly. No slurs, no accent. Everyone widened their eyes.

"That's better English than what an American could do!" Someone gasped.

"I'm sorry, but what is this point to this?" You spoke in perfect English again. Your teacher scoffed before walking away from your desk.

"I want you to read this all English book." She said as she picked up an American book.

"I can read perfect English too." You sighed before taking the book and reading a good 3 chapters to the whole class.

____

"Your good with English but not math? Sad." Tsukishima whispered from behind you. It was now math period. You gave him a 'Shut up.' glare before turning back around.

"We will be starting a project on our lessons. We have 3 days to finish, as this is an easy assignment." Your teacher spoke before giving partner names.

"I'll be assigning partners." She said. Everyone groaned as they wanted to pick their own friends.

She called out name after name. You weren't called for the longest time, neither was Tsukishima. Turns out that it was partners of 3.

"Sugawara, Eisaku, and Tsukishima." She called out. You felt slightly relieved that you at least knew one of them. You looked over at Eisaku as you had known his name but never really talked to him. He glanced at Tsukishima, then you, but shot you a quick wink before looking away. You nervously looked away and shot a glance at Tsukishima. He wasn't looking at you but he had a frown on his face.

"Everyone go and rearrange your desks next to your partners." Your teacher turned around and sat at her desk. You got up and scooted your desk next to Tsukishimas. He watched you slowly struggle. You sat your desk on the right of his before taking a deep breath and sitting down.