Chapter 13 - The White Wolf

When visiting the deserted beach on a quiet night, Lan Zhan expected a lot of things. He expected to be sitting on his motorbike with Wei Ying's arms wrapped around his waist as they stared into the ocean depths of nothingness. Lan Zhan expected to hear that unforgettable melody that's been clouding his mind ever since he heard Wei Ying hummed it to him a few nights back. 

Lan Zhan expected a lot of things. What Lan Zhan didn't expect was to have them both sat - soiling their clothes, on the sand-covered ground. Half-eaten snacks circling them, glow sticks around his wrist and neck - which, Lan Zhan might add, could be seen a mile away.  

However, there was something else Lan Zhan didn't expect, something he was fortunate happened. Wei Ying beside him, feet curled up, covered in lights just like Lan Zhan while stuffing his face with melted ice-cream. So close Lan Zhan could lean in, and their lips would touch. 

Being around Wei Ying, even though they're out here in the ocean, in the wide-open space, Lan Zhan felt like he could not breathe. Wei Ying took his breath away but in a desirable way. Staring at Wei Ying, Lan Zhan wanted to ask the stars from up above, why does he feel like a teenager in love?

"Want some?" Mouth filled with ice-cream, Wei Ying shoved a spoon of ice-ream in Lan Zhan's face. He looked adorable, silver eyes glistening brighter than the stars, Lan Zhan could not refuse. 

Opening his mouth, he allowed Wei Ying to feed him. Lan Zhan, so lost in those silver-plated eyes, failed to recognize Wei Ying carelessly lifted a finger to wipe at the trail of melted ice-cream at the side of his lips. 

"Thank you," Lan Zhan breathed out in a whisper. Wei Ying's too good to be true. Like heaven to the touch, Lan Zhan wanted to hold him so much. That little taste of Wei Ying's wasn't enough. If Lan Zhan could, right now, he would grab hold of Wei Ying and shover him with kisses.

Wei Ying's heart skipped a beat, so he chuckled and said, "Don't mention it." Wei Ying cleared his throat, "say, Lan Zhan, are you having fun?" Lan Zhan nodded, "me too. If you like, we can do this some other time."

Did Wei Ying agree to go on another unofficial, official date with him? It may be nighttime, but Lan Zhan felt like he got sunshine busting inside him on this cold night. Lan Zhan blushed, "I would like that."

"I've been thinking," Wei Ying said, drowning the last bit of ice-cream, "what if, when I turn into a werewolf, I'll scare myself. You know, since I'm scared of dogs and all."

At that moment, Lan Zhan wanted to smack the stupid out of Wei Ying's head. Instead, he gave a confused look, and Wei Ying laughed addictively. "I'm serious, Lan Zhan. You never know, I might be terrifying."

Lan Zhan, "No, Wei Ying is beautiful."

Suddenly, Wei Ying felt awkward. Did his hot neighbor call him beautiful? If Wei Ying blushed any brighter, he might outshine the glow sticks that are around his neck. Wei Ying hummed, "serious question now. Do you not like me? I mean not like-like, but friendly-like. I know I'm annoying and a bother, but -"

How could Wei Ying say that about himself? Lan Zhan hated it, but he was partly to blame. Because of his hidden feelings, he'd been avoiding Wei Ying, now Wei Ying thinks he hates him. "I don't hate you," Lan Zhan found himself saying, "and, If I was to turn anyone, I'm glad it's you. I'm sorry, I thought you didn't want to be around me."

"Nonsense!" Wei Ying snapped, "you're the best person to be around and tease. Lan Zhan, let's make a promise. As of today, we won't avoid each other anymore. It's only right since, in a few more days, I'll officially be a part of your pack. But you won't turn anyone else, right Lan Zhan? I don't think you should, but that's up to you. But I don't think you should."