Chapter 15 - Apologize

Fury, rage, and utter disgust clouded Lan Zhan’s mind staring at Wen Chao and Jin Zixuan. Seeing Wei Ying on his knees, hands behind his back only brought forth a bit of fierceness that Lan Zhan wasn’t sure would go away unless the two bullies were also on their knees, begging for mercy. 

Eyes of wrath remained pierced on the two bullies, “Wei Ying, are you okay?” Was the first words spilled from Lan Zhan’s mouth. For a split second, the heat in his face evaporated, and his voice calmed. “Did they hurt you?”

Wei Ying struggled out of Jin Zixuan's grip. Stumbling his way up, Wei Ying dusted off himself, fixed the heap of mess on top of his head, and gave a nervous chuckle in Lan Zhan's direction. Lan Zhan looked mad, and truth be told, Wei Ying did not want him to start a fight. Lan Zhan could get thrown in jail if he does something stupid and tomorrow's the full moon. 

"Ah Lan Zhan," Wei Ying beamed tensely, "what brought you here? We were just having a friendly conversation, nothing to be bothered about."

Wen Chao tsked, and Jin Zixuan rolled his eyes at Wei Ying lies. Though Lan Zhan looked frightening, Wen Chao wasn't going to cower in the corner, after all, he did have a reputation to withhold. "And who's this?" Wen Chao taunted, stepping away from Wei Ying, "Mary Poppins?" 

Both Wen Chao and Jin Zixuan burst into a fit of laughter at Wen Chao's dry humor. Wei Ying arched a brow. He hated the two bullies guts, but he must hand it to Wen Chao, Lan Zhan did look like Mary Poppins in some sort. For one, the ruffle high neck white shirt with the blue bowtie he wore wasn't helping his case. All Lan Zhan needed now was an umbrella and hat, and he's good to go.

Cheeks puffed, Wei Ying desperately tried holding back his laughter. "Lan Zhan, let's just go." Wen Ying said, holding onto Lan Zhan's left arm. Wei Ying pulled, but Lan Zhan didn't budge, his eyes never leaving the two laughing men. "Lan Zhan?"

Palms balled into fists, "not until those two apologize first," Lan Zhan gritted out. 

"Pfft," Wen Chao laughed, wiping an imaginary tear from his eye, "us apologize to that nimrod? Not in a million years."

Jin Zixuan straightened himself and nodded in agreement, "that's right, even if you beg us too, we wouldn't."

"Apologize." Wei Ying tugged at his arm, but Lan Zhan ignored him. He knew Wei Ying had been constantly bullied through college, that needed to end, and since no one's willing to help, Lan Zhan would. 

Wen Chao moved forward, "in your dreams, pretty boy. Why don't you go lie in a ditch and wait for your little pal, cause when we're done with him, that's where he'll end up, in a ditch."

That did it. Lan Zhan growled an actual growl. Eyes glowing a bright red, almost demon-like, Lan Zhan no longer mind if anyone saw. If Wen Chao and Jin Zixuan will not listen, they will learn. "Alright then." Lan Zhan smirk, a cocky grin when both Wen Chao and Jin Zixuan seemed taken back by his unnatural appearance. "I warned you."

Wei Ying gulped. He knew what was about to happen, and he knew there was nothing he could do to stop it. "Lan Zhan, let's go," Wei Ying whispered a final plea in Lan Zhan's ear. 

"No," Lan Zhan harshly tugged his arm away, and like a hunter, Lan Zhan stepped up to his prey until he stood face up inches against Wen Chao.

Lan Zhan has given in, casting his sane mind aside, allowing the wolf inside to take absolute control. The two bullies should've known that nothing ever comes without consequences. Lan Zhan had given them a chance to apologize, they refused. Now, not even the gods in heaven can save them from the sin that Lan Zhan's about to commit.