chapter five

Anakin's POV:

I recognized the messy blonde hair of exactly who I was looking for; she was talking to a couple of the clones. Seizing the opportunity, I came up behind her and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Ha, guess what?" I started as she turned to face me. Vienna's icy blue eyes met mine and she quickly brushed my hand off. I paused for a moment, nearly losing my train of thought while looking at her. No. Forcing myself back to the present, I continued, "You have the honor of joining me on the mission."

"Aw, Skywalker, I'm starting to think you just like spending time with me." She smirked up at me. I have to admit, I wasn't expecting her to play along.

"You know what, I do. I enjoy your company Vienna, wanna go grab a drink sometime?" I raised my eyebrows at her, only half joking honestly. What? No. Stop.

"I'm sure you'd love-" Master Plo suddenly interrupted, only leaving me time to wink at Vienna before starting my mission brief.

I'd like to think I'm usually pretty good at reading people. But Vienna, her I just can't seem to figure out. I think that's what puts me so on edge whenever I'm around her. Something about her vibe is just... familiar, yet nothing like anything I've ever encountered in my life.

She has frustrated me since the very first time I met her, and I don't even know why.

• • • • • • • •

Vienna's POV:

I listened intently to Anakin's plan, figuring out how he'd try to get us killed this time. And of course, he wants to blow up the ship.

After he dismissed the clones, he approached us.
"Skywalker, this is an aggressive plan," my master spoke up.
"Yeah, are you insane?" I furrowed my eyebrows.
"Maybe a little," he shrugged. "But I trust the Shadow Squadron. They've never failed a mission."
"Uh, master, they have a point. The ship is bound to be well protected, especially if Grievous is on it," Ahsoka added.
"Don't worry," Anakin said with a concerning amount of confidence. "We'll just have to destroy the ship and Grievous along with it." And without missing a beat, he strutted away.

I turned to Ahsoka and chuckled.
"How in the universe do you deal with him every day?"
"He is quite a handful isn't he?"
"No argument there," I laughed and Ahsoka soon joined.

We made our way over to the ships, where we met up with Anakin.
"So Master, which one's my ship?" Ahsoka asked.
"You're with me. You can be my gunner." She frowned. "Hey, someone's gotta watch my back, and I'd much rather have it be you than Vienna."
I dramatically opened my mouth, pretending to be offended, but I really didn't care. I knew it was because I was one of the most skilled pilots in the Order, especially for my age. The Wolfpack and I fly alongside only the best himself, Master Plo.

It was soon time to go, and we got into our fighters. Anakin and Ahsoka in one, and Plo and I each with our own. The squadron fell into formation and we jumped through hyperspace.

•         •         •         •         •         •         •         •

A/N: sorryyy this chapter is short but I wanted to publish something i haven't in a hot sec. also hehe first anakin povvv

i promise i'll introduce obi wan soon this mission is just taking rly long to write