Chapter 12

Kim Namjoon's pov

We all gathered in the backstage waiting for our name to get announced for the next performance.

Usually at this time, I keep smiling to every other person and give out encouragement to my members but deep inside feel nervous as hell and under confident.

But today something else happened.

Today Misoo happened...

I can't stop smiling to myself after thinking about that moment with Misoo. The way she dramatically fell down on the chair saying her heart skipped a beat because of me, made my heart skip a beat too.

This was the first time I was smiling wholeheartedly of my own before a performance.

"Yah Namjoon-ah"

I saw Jin hyung and Hoseok hyung coming towards me.

"I am so nervous about our performance.", Hoseok hyung stated.

"Don't worry hyung, we are gonna kill it. Armys would love our performance."

I was saying it to myself more.

"By the way Namjoon, why did your stylist put so much blush on your cheeks. They are so red. Wipe some of it.", Hoseok hyung started wiping my cheeks.

I don't remember seeing any blush on my face while checking in the mirror last time and that's when I knew that I was blushing thinking about her.

This made me blush more infront of them.

"Hoseok, I think Taehyung was asking for your help in some steps. I think he forgot the last step again.", Jin said.

"Aishhh this kid, if he messes up today's performance, I am gonna ask him to practice this dance for 10 times and then allow him to go to the dorm."

With this he left to scold Taehyung and teach him again.

"Now tell me Namjoon, why are you blushing so profusely that your cheeks are looking like tomatoes."

"Why would I blush?" I stammered.

"You are so good at lying nowadays. You remember how in the initial years everyone could catch you if you lied because you were such a terrible liar."

I hmmed.

"And now you can look straight into our eyes and lie and we can never detect.", Hyung said while laughing.

"Hyung I have never lied to you guys. Maybe I have hidden something but I could never lie to my family. "

"Namjoon-ah remember the time when I got to know that I was in love with Dahyun. And I wanted to propose her. Who did I first talk to?"

"You talked to me hyung. You had all this bullshit thoughts in your mind that you weren't good looking enough and you didn't have any talent. You were scared that you would be rejected."

"And what did you tell me?"

"I told you that you are being cruel to yourself by degrading your talents and looks. If you and her were meant to be then you would come in a relationship sooner or later."

"I want to be that person too Namjoon. I want to be the person you would come to when you are confused or sad. You would never burden me with your thoughts. You should come to me when you feel something for somebody and you are confused about it."

"Hyung, why are you suddenly saying all these to me. We have a performance in two minutes and I don't think you are saying me this to build up my confidence for the performance.", I asked getting overwhelmed but confused at the same time.