Backsliding

A/N: Hey guys! Before starting this chapter, I figure that I should explain what "Backsliding" means. I found out this week while talking to someone about this chapter that it must be a Southern phrase. It basically means falling back into old habits or relationship, so someone who keeps going back to an ex is a backslider. But so would someone who was previously addicted to alcohol or something, gets sober, and then starts drinking again. Enjoy!

---

Monday mornings had quickly evolved into becoming my favorite part of the week. After officially deeming Sunday as our date night, it was easy for both of us to select classes that did not meet on Monday mornings. There was nothing like waking up in a bed next to a woman you loved and knowing the extended hours there were until either of you had to be up and ready for class. It was easy to get distracted.

I always woke up first. My eyes struggled to adjust to the light streaming through the open curtains in Emily's room as she claimed to only want to wake up with natural light. I scoffed at that idea as I rolled over toward her; she was curled up facing the other wall trying to escape the natural light she "loved." I didn't mind her lighting choice though as my eyes reached the woman lying before me.

Her bare back glowed underneath the rays highlighting her shoulder blades. The bronzed skin in front of me screamed for my touch. Before I could second guess my thoughts, my fingers danced on top of her skin, tracing every bone, divot, and nuance of her body.

Tiny moments have a palpable sense of eternity. Moments so pure in thought and touch that your brain can't help but think endlessly about spending forever etching her skin with your touch. Moments when she kisses your temple walking from one side of the room to the other as her hands lace around you loosely from behind and all you can think is, 'Fuck. I love this woman.' Moments that you wished would last for eternity because pure happiness drips from their intentions.

Getting lost in my thoughts caused hesitation beneath my touch leading Emily to sigh slightly as she adjusted herself under the sheets. Tempted by her movement, I traipsed my body closer to her side of the bed. My right hand slid from her lower back over her side to then hover over her hip bone, as my lips began working tenderly on the back of her neck.

"Al..." she whimpered while my left hand made its way to cup her head beneath my hand moving the tendrils of hair that had fallen out of her messy bun as she slept.

My lips hummed into the back of her neck. My thumb circled her hip bone. My eyes remained closed as I dreamed for this perfection to never end, feeling Emily's body begin to turn under my touch.

Her lips were pursed in a smile as she tumbled toward me. Her eyes remained closed, sighing again when my lips moved to her collarbone. Removing my lips from her skin, I readjusted my right hand so that it rested on her hip, her ass just centimeters from my fingertips. My left hand continuing to cup her face.

Her eyes fluttered open feeling my lips move from the most sensitive part of her neck.

"Hey..." she stated smiling at me, her hand reaching to cover mine still perched on her hip.

"Hi." I floated my thumb over her lips as she lightly kissed against its touch.

Emily moved her hand just below my breasts on my rib cage, barely clenching her fingers to hold onto my skin. My forever indication to scoot into her touch.

"I missed you." I hovered just above her lips. Our faces almost touching.

She laughed allowing her face to fall against mine, our noses resting next to each other, "You're so dumb, baby." She kissed to the left of lips on my cheek.