Nights - Part 28

The next day Mark and Jennie wanted to explore the city and go Christmas shopping . You wanted to check out the menswear section so you could buy a new tie for Jaehyun as a surprise, while Jennie was adamant on trying out new perfumes.

"Mark, please come with me, I don't want to wander around the store alone...and in a city I'm unfamiliar with." Jennie pouted as she tugged fiercely on Mark's hand.

"Come on," Mark rolled his eyes, you had never seen him so peeved, well, apart from the time he sucker-punched Jaehyun in the face, "Jennie, you're like...2 years older than me! You can take care of yourself, I don't want to go perfume shopping right now. I need to make some important phone calls for my fathers business."

"Mark, it's almost Christmas, why do you have to make phone calls now? Everyone should be closed."

"I've had a really stressful month okay? I'm just trying to tie up some lose ends before Christmas so I can actually take a break."

"Fine, you have a point...But Mark, I don't know my way around this mall, what if I get lost?"

"This place isn't very big." Mark retorted, trying to speak in a hushed tone but his voice was harsh and audible to Jaehyun and yourself, since you were standing only metres away.

"Hey Y/N do you want to come perfume shopping with me?" Jennie's eyes locked on yours and immediately a cold sweat washed over you.

"Uhh..." you hesitated, trying to think of an excuse, "Sorry, but smelling perfumes gives me a headache."

Jennie sighed, reluctantly letting go of Mark's hand, "Oh gosh, how am I ever going to find a perfume for my mother now?" she mumbled to herself.

Jaehyun sensed the uneasiness in the group, "Hey I'll come with you Jennie." he said with a reassuring dimpled smile.

Jennie's face immediately lit up.

"Jaehyun has a very sophisticated taste, I'm sure he'll be able to help you out." you replied, showing that you weren't bothered at all by your boyfriend hanging out with Jennie.

Mark crossed his arms, "Hmmph!" 

You weren't sure if his displeasure was from the fact Jaehyun decided to go off and hang out with Jennie, or your comment about Jaehyun's "sophisticated taste".

Either way, you found his childish antics entertaining.

Before you parted ways with Jennie and Jaehyun, your boyfriend drew you to the side.

"Thanks for going with Jennie." you whispered into his ear as he came closer to you, "You really took one for the team."

Jaehyun smirked, "Look," he said bending down, gazing into your eyes, his baritone voice full of sex appeal "The alternative wasn't exactly an appealing option."

You covered your mouth with your hand to suppress your laughter, "Jae!" you slapped his shoulder.

Jaehyun looked slyly over his shoulder at Mark, "I can't explain it, but I have a feeling Mark still doesn't like me very much. And I don't think we'd get along without you girls there to keep us distracted...and from fighting each other"

You tapped your chin, "Hmmm I wonder why that is?" you replied sarcastically.

Jaehyun laughed, his tone deep and brassy. Music to your ears, "Before you bring up the past, I was drunk while at that party. And I was emotional. So I was an emotional drunk." Jaehyun chuckled.

"But drunk Jaehyun shouldn't have got into a fight."

He pinched your cheek, "Drunk Jaehyun was sad he didn't get Y/N's attention!" he gave you a mock crying face.