23: Home

Home is where the heart is.

It's a quote which we often hear  people say. And I had also heard that a couple of times before.

I didn't understand it before because  I didn't know where my heart was or with whom my heart was.

And I still don't.

But now as I was observing  the spectacular panorama of Busan from the jet's window, I felt. I felt  something akin to  having a home and returning back to it.

That was puzzling because I had never been to Busan before.

My eyes landed on him. Jungkook was sitting in his own seat and going through a book. He had his reading glasses on and I couldn't, for the life of me, comprehend how one could look so hot like that. Jeez.

He had informed me that his grandma was furious at him for not informing about this matter to her. Royals take weddings too seriously. It didn't help that she found the news through tabloids. I just hoped that I wouldn't be on the receiving end of her wrath and hoped that we could convince her. She was the main person whom we needed to persuade.

I heard Jungkook clear his throat. I blinked my eyes and glanced at him. He put his book down and said, "We are going to have to step up our level in Busan."

"What do you mean?"

"My grandma is a  smart woman. She can easily catch our act if we won't be careful. So, we need to. . .", He trailed off, not finding the right words.

"Act more like a couple?", I supplied.

"Yeah. . .that. . So, the rules. . ."

"We are going to put a pause on that here, then.", I replied. Our rules were the only thing keeping me sane when I was with him and I don't know what would happen now that we were not even going to follow those rules.

I just sighed and went back to observing the picturesque scenery of Busan.

The buildings were stretched far and wide. A large blue ocean accompanied the view. Tall buildings and skyscrapers were scattered all around the place but one could also catch a glimpse of little colorful houses. The city was simply beautiful. An unknown feeling tugged my heart and a bitter sweet emotion rushed through me.

The air hostess told us to put on our seat belts for landing. After some minutes, the plane landed onto the runway. The helpers started loading our suitcases.

I stretched my tired limbs that had grown numb from the flight. Jungkook also got up. We were about to head to the door when he stopped and stood by my side.

"May I?", He asked, his arms were ready to wrap around my waist at any moment. I realized that this was for practise. We needed to get used to this.

I nodded and he put his arms around my waist, the warmth of his hand making my whole body grow warmer.  We descended the stairs and saw that people were waiting for us with a black SUV.

My feet landed  on the ground of Busan for the first time. A gust of wind blew past my face. The wind whipped at my hair with force. I again felt a sense of déjà vu take over me. Everything feels so familiar. I shook my head. I clearly hadn't gotten enough sleep. I was going insane.